Why become a member? ×

Tell me about LOOP station type pedals!

Dood

Hi Guys!!!

Sorry, have been away from BC for a day or so. Well, I can tell you the JamMan arrived this am!! It can reverse - and you can time morph (faster and slower) - so not *just* half speed. Indeed in some of the demo videos, the chap demonstrates how you can use the pedal with the CD/MP3 player input to slow down tracks without changing the pitch, in order to learn those difficult passages of music. AND it works! Nice!

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='917110' date='Aug 6 2010, 04:24 PM']also what people views on the boss loop station?

andy[/quote]

I chose the digitech as it has far more options than the loop RC-20XL and I really didn't want another big pedal board like the RC-50.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='917145' date='Aug 6 2010, 04:59 PM']... unless you are the bass playing terminator known as Dood[/quote]

Can I get a HELL YEAH!

(or that wierd noise that Predator makes... what a lil cutey! ha ha!!)

[quote name='dood' post='917516' date='Aug 6 2010, 10:37 PM']I chose the digitech as it has far more options than the loop RC-20XL and I really didn't want another big pedal board like the RC-50.[/quote]

yeh i saw the big one and i have no need for that!

yeh i looked at the digi but i only want it for fun and doing something with solos in the band so i went for the baby of the group the rc-2

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='918095' date='Aug 7 2010, 04:23 PM']also is there any danger in looping so many signals thru one amp and cab?

andy[/quote]

No, I can't see how that would cause a problem - unless the signal was too hot for the amp, then it would just distort. I'd just back the gain down so it cleaned it up.

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='918093' date='Aug 7 2010, 04:20 PM']yeh i saw the big one and i have no need for that!

yeh i looked at the digi but i only want it for fun and doing something with solos in the band so i went for the baby of the group the rc-2

andy[/quote]

Cool! Let me know how you get on with it Andy :)

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='919825' date='Aug 9 2010, 05:12 PM']me likey!

really easy to use! will take a bit of time before i use it live with the band tho! need to get my timing up a bit better but other that that really cool!

Very happy!

andy[/quote]

Woooo Hooo!!! Excellent! I know what you mean about the timing though - I'm not used to concentrating on my feet as well as my hands! (I never was any good at football!!) - my 'punch ins' have been a bit random at times - though the Digitech does feature 'auto-quantise' so in most cases I can get away with a lazy foot!

I'm really looking forward to getting a few ideas down on video - looking like next week now, but I echo your sentiment! I'm having lots of fun jamming out loops of well known songs, all on bass!

Me Likey!

[quote name='dood' post='922438' date='Aug 12 2010, 10:34 AM']Woooo Hooo!!! Excellent! I know what you mean about the timing though - I'm not used to concentrating on my feet as well as my hands! (I never was any good at football!!) - my 'punch ins' have been a bit random at times - though the Digitech does feature 'auto-quantise' so in most cases I can get away with a lazy foot!

I'm really looking forward to getting a few ideas down on video - looking like next week now, but I echo your sentiment! I'm having lots of fun jamming out loops of well known songs, all on bass!

Me Likey![/quote]

yeh the rc-2 has a similar thing will sort the drums out if your slightly off.

yeh im trying to sort out a video but looking at some of the ones on the net it makes me nervous!

andy