Why become a member? ×

newey!!!!!

Ricky

Hey everyone,I've been out of playing for about 6,7 years after i was in a band and they dumped on me, thought they were good freinds tried a few other bands but it just did'nt work so i stopped playing put me kit away, and before i knew it we were into years without touching it. One xmas i brought me misses a drum kit,(well what else do you buy a loved one when your a bass player) she went for lessons then i started to get ichy fingers out came the amps and bass and soon was jammin with her. Was in two minds wether to get back to bands or not then a freind of misses was looking for a new bass player in his band who play heavyish rock, not that up on playing hard but gave it a go, they liked what they heard and i loved being there. These are just three freinds that are having a laugh together. Its been about 6 months now we've played quite a few gigs 1 where we supported megadeth uk, been in the recording studio for our first album, and we're doing a local festival in a couple of weeks. I know one thing i love being back on the scene, and finding this forum just keeps it alive. ROCK'N'ROLL everyone :)

Edited by Ricky

[quote name='Telebass' post='861382' date='Jun 8 2010, 07:46 PM']Howdy! Good to get back in, no? I lost bass playing for 17 years...boy, was it good to pick it up again![/quote]
Great to hear you`re back in the fold. Know where yr at - I joined a band abt a year and a half ago, and have refound my love for the bass - before that, only time I ever picked up my bass was at gigs (despite having been in bands solidly for last 20 odd yrs). Now, play loads at home, and have GAS for all things Precision. Still don`t know if i`m gettin any better tho :)

[quote name='andyjingram' post='859541' date='Jun 7 2010, 07:39 AM']Hi Ricky,

Welcome to the forum. It's great to hear you've made a return to doing something you love! I've just moved house so have had to change my arrangements, and my gig quota has dropped dramatically. It's been starting to get to me, and your post cheered me up- just what I needed this morning! :)

Enjoy yourself, Andy[/quote]
Cheers andy, you know it's forums like this and people like you and everyone else that welcomes you too back and makes everything worthwhile and all the crap that the ex band mates and people who put you down coz they DON'T get it, you just seem too forget all that. Thanks for the reply, its cheered me up that i've cheered you up.

cheers steve....