Why become a member? ×

Sei Flamboyant headed 5 SOLD

Things may have taken an unexpected turn so don't anybody do anything rash yet. Looks like I may have sold my Azure '73 Rick in which case I'll be hanging onto the Sei (which would be lucky as I've just found out I have 2 upcoming projects for which I need a 5). I'll keep you posted.

Edited by 4000

[quote name='4000' post='863694' date='Jun 10 2010, 08:41 PM']Ziggy, I wish I loved the suspense. It's killing me! :)[/quote]

dude what ever will be will be, if you keep the sei for a while longer then you do,
everything circles in life anyway,
ive been on the look out for ages for a sei 5 that i like, and i know if any of us that are wacthing yours wait long enough
or are in the right place etc etc then another beut will come along.
( i got the j5 custom anyways,added some picys for you to look at!) but yours is nicer!!!
so no stress man
just see what life brings us all.
kindest regards
ziggy.

Ziggy, you're not wrong. Nice bass BTW, what is it?

To all interested parties, my Azure Rick is sold pending receipt of funds and will pay for my (hopefully) new acquisition outright. In view of this the Sei is now withdrawn from sale. Many thanks for the interest to all concerned and apologies for any disappointment; this wasn't quite how I planned it originally but will actually make more sense in the long run. If anything changes (now unlikely) I'll let you know.

Edited by 4000

:) :rolleyes:

I haven't got it yet, so I'm being cagey. :lol: Let's just say it's a pretty rare Rick 4001. And it's very early 70s. And it's not a Blackstar or Tuxedo or Redneck or anything like that. I just hope that now the Azure is going it doesn't fall through! Of course if it does I guess I'll have enough for another custom build so it won't be all bad...

[quote name='4000' post='863790' date='Jun 10 2010, 10:21 PM']Ziggy, you're not wrong. Nice bass BTW, what is it?[/quote]

its from a custom builder in bulgaria,
its an (elrick jazz copy),agular and nortstarnds etc its cool man makers name is zvetino ?
any ways.
shame bpout sei ,
do let us know if things change.
kindest regards
ziggy.

• 10 months later...

Well, last time I saved this and sold an Azure Rick instead to buy a "dream bass" that didn't work out for me. However I recently obtained a rare 1972 Azure Rick, something I've been after for 17 years, and so this will sadly have to go to pay for it. Please note it has a gig bag but no hard case, so shipping is a no-no unless you wish to pay for a case to ship it in (I don't fancy shipping this without one!). Pickup is fine. Also the price is firm at £1500; absolutely no offers. Can send more pics if required. This is my favourite of the 4 Seis I've owned and is in the top 2 of the many I've played; its only equal was a £3.5k 6 string Millenium.

BTW, since the original For Sale post this has had a full electronics overhaul by Martin Petersen at the Gallery.

Edited by 4000

This sei is absolutely AMAZING LOOKING!!!! =) :-), I do wish i had the cash... tough I just bought the sei "Yin yang" wich is on that thread too :-p, it's now safe in belgium with me :)

Cheers :) have a bump on this sick looking sei.... I remember thinking "omg ****** me" when i first saw the pictures :lol:

[quote name='pierreganseman' post='1213508' date='Apr 28 2011, 09:00 AM']This sei is absolutely AMAZING LOOKING!!!! =) :-), I do wish i had the cash... tough I just bought the sei "Yin yang" wich is on that thread too :-p, it's now safe in belgium with me :)

Cheers :) have a bump on this sick looking sei.... I remember thinking "omg ****** me" when i first saw the pictures :lol:[/quote]

Ah, my old yin-yang "Melt" as Martin called it. Congrats! It's a great bass and amazingly comfortable. That's a nice little collection you're getting together! :D

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='1213979' date='Apr 28 2011, 05:13 PM']dude .... no way
think i was up for this bass last time
since then bought two 5s that sort of do it for me but not quiet .
bought a sei 4 which i absolutely love .... mmmm pm on yore way sir!

pmd

bump for a beutisul sei.[/quote]

Cheers Zig. PM replied to.

[quote name='4000' post='1214019' date='Apr 28 2011, 07:02 PM']Ah, my old yin-yang "Melt" as Martin called it. Congrats! It's a great bass and amazingly comfortable. That's a nice little collection you're getting together! :)[/quote]

Indeed :-), i play wood and tronics 75% of time tho :) amazing basses wich i highly recommend :lol:

[quote name='pierreganseman' post='1214130' date='Apr 28 2011, 07:51 PM']Indeed :-), i play wood and tronics 75% of time tho :) amazing basses wich i highly recommend :)[/quote]

Yes, they're very nice too; I've tried a couple.

BTW, the Sei is now sold pending receipt of funds etc.

Thanks for your interest everybody!