Why become a member? ×

Sending Gear

PhoenixBass1

Try interparcel. Quotes vary massively from one courier to another... I'm shipping a heavy (25kg) amp to the republic or Ireland today for half of that, and that's with enhanced insurance cover!

Of course, it gets more expensive the larger and heavier your package is (oo-er!).

[quote name='Conan' post='854681' date='Jun 2 2010, 11:47 AM']Try interparcel. Quotes vary massively from one courier to another... I'm shipping a heavy (25kg) amp to the republic or Ireland today for half of that, and that's with enhanced insurance cover!

Of course, it gets more expensive the larger and heavier your package is (oo-er!).[/quote]

+1

£32.22 +vat to ship a 45kg trace cab in the UK. Insurance would be £5.00 extra

Just for reference, I have used Parcel Monkey on the last two occasions I have sent something (bass to Cardiff and amp to France). BOth got there in one piece without any problems. £12 (I think) to Cardiff - £45 to France. Did it all on line and they collected from a place of my choice (in my case, work). Delivery two days later.

Parcelmonkey as long as its not too big although they do eff it up occasionally but three times out of about 40 shipments isn't too bad.

Interparcel for bigger stuff but also try out click4parcels. I recently sent a humungus wheeled flight case for a 4x12" down south for £41. Interparcel wanted around £60 due to the size.