Why become a member? ×

FS: Warwick Thumb NT Custom High Gloss White 5 string

simondee

Hi all,

Here is my semi-legendary [b]Warwick Thumb NT 5 string custom shop[/b] in gloss white with [b]red LEDs[/b] on the top of the neck.

It has a pair of bartolini's and dates from the early 90s. I was told by the guy I bought it from that it was made to Prince's spec for an awards performance, but I've never found any evidence to support this story.

Anyway, it's a stunning early 90s Thumb with a unique paint job and is a guaranteed head-turner.

She does have a few dings and scratches (white finishes are tough to maintain) but none are visible from the front.

I'm looking for a firm[size=4][b] £800[/b][/size] for this bass. Comes with a very old Rockbag complete with retro Bass Centre logo. Nice.

Pics:

You'll notice the dings. By the strings there is a small patch where the top coat has come off a little. Also the top of the neck has seen some wear (OBVIOUSLY). The very top of the body has some dings which the previous owner thought could be dealt with a bit of a touch up. It seems to be enamel paint though, so is easily scratched off if you want to retouch it. It's not visible from the front though, and any owner of a white bass will tell you how tough it is to keep these finishes perfect, apart from never playing it!

PM me any questions.

Thanks!

Edited by simondee

[quote name='throwoff' post='860815' date='Jun 8 2010, 11:18 AM']It's a West Germany so most likely older than 91'[/quote]
My Fortress 1 is a '95 model but still has West Germany on the machine heads. :)

Righto chaps, we've got some good action going on the Thumb, so if you're interested in it then let me know ASAP.

A few nibbles on the SSII but nothing solid as yet.

The only trades I'm after are:

- a good 4x10 cab (Eden, EBS etc)
- another cheaper warwick (50% value or less)

But I'll take cash as preference. Make me some offers guys!