Why become a member? ×

DB or GS112.......or neither??

Tegs

I got to try the Aguilar DB112 against the GS112 today and am having a thought process...... any tips appreciated.......

Currently using Trace AH500 over a Trace 1048H and 1518 but have found that not using the 15" is much better for me in small venues (thanks to previous good advice on here). So now thinking, ditch the 15" and get either the DB or GS to sit on top of the 4x10.

Question is, does anyone think I would have anything to gain from this or is it just the onset of GAS from too much Basschat browsing...??!!!!

Cheers all :)

I knew it was GAS :)

I think two GS would be my preference, seemed to be more bottom end from the mahogany ply, just a shame they don't do them in the colours!

Thanks for the replies......... there may be some TE gear in the for sale section soon.........

[quote name='Tegs' post='851432' date='May 29 2010, 08:29 PM']seemed to be more bottom end from the mahogany ply, just a shame they don't do them in the colours![/quote]

I found that when I got to try them both too, the Db sounded a bit thin to me!

[quote name='Pkomor' post='851457' date='May 29 2010, 10:16 PM']I found that when I got to try them both too, the Db sounded a bit thin to me![/quote]

That's because of the "added mids" of the db vs. the GS.
In the mix you'll appreciate this as they offer more focus.

When I played the GSs, I put Eminence DelatLite 2512II in my GS to improve mid definition.

Been looking at the Barefaced Vintage now................!

I'm happy with the AH-500, I took my old Laney 4x10 (1980's?) to practice the other week to leave it there (save taking the van!) and I was very bloody surprised to find that it sounded very nice, even with one blown driver. So maybe the TE cabs just aren't for me.

I can well imagine that a pair of DB's would be a big difference from just the one though.