Why become a member? ×

SOLD*

4 candles

Howdy

To raise some funds Im having to clear out some gear, reluctantly Im having to sell this.

2004 Overwater Jazz custom bass fitted with a sadowsky VTC preamp and Bartolloni soap bar pickups. Outstanding range of tones available both active and passive.
34" scale, very lightweight but powerful, Ultra thin/smooth rosewood fast neck. Body is swamp ash and is extremely lightweight (around 8Lbs) The face of the body has a lovely quilted maple finish to it set off with a custom made mother of pearl pickguard. There is a locking jack socket fitted also.

Looking for £850

a cost for a new one would see you parting with £2300+ without the sadowsky upgrade

[attachment=50362:nokia_photos_2_010.jpg][attachment=50363:nokia_photos_2_009.jpg][attachment=50360:
nokia_photos_2_007.jpg][attachment=50361:nokia_photos_2_008.jpg]

Thanks for looking

Regards

Mark

Edited by 4 candles

[quote name='playbass' post='845744' date='May 23 2010, 02:01 PM']I'm just window shopping at the minute but; is that a 3 band eq? Also what's the body made of and what's it weigh? Cheers.[/quote]

Howdy, The body is made of swamp ash with a lovely bit of craftsmanship namely the flamed maple finish to the top. The bass weighs in around 8lbs. The sadowsky eq system comprises of master volume, pickup pan/selector a stacked nob for hi and low eq and finally a tone nob that can be pulled to make the bass passive (if required)

Regards

Mark

[quote name='molan' post='845820' date='May 23 2010, 03:53 PM']Wow, this looks really nice Mark!

Nice to see you have your sandals on today too :)[/quote]

for a minute, I thought you had been spying on me!!!!

I love the summer, I was in the garden earlier playin some unplugged bass until i was disurbed by a teenage neighbour playing oasis at full volume with his window open for a couple of hours. It really put me off my stride!!!

Hope you are well mate.

This used to be my bass. It's very comfortable and has a lovely smooth feel to the neck. I replaced the Kent Armstrong pickups to Bartolinis, and the East BTB circuit with the Sadowsky preamp with VTC and had the scratchplate made by Martin at The Gallery in Camden. A lovely, lovely bass to own.

Good luck with the sale Mark!

Edited by Steve Amadeo

• 4 weeks later...

Another lovely looking "super" Jazz. What's with the ditching of all the Jazzes? Have they suddenly become passe? If this is really down at 8 lbs it should make a regular player very happy. NS

[quote name='4 candles' post='845908' date='May 23 2010, 05:52 PM']for a minute, I thought you had been spying on me!!!!

I love the summer, I was in the garden earlier playin some unplugged bass until i was disurbed by a teenage neighbour playing oasis at full volume with his window open for a couple of hours. It really put me off my stride!!!

Hope you are well mate.[/quote]
And you didn't try to "roll with it"

[quote name='molan' post='845820' date='May 23 2010, 03:53 PM']Wow, this looks really nice Mark!

Nice to see you have your sandals on today too :)[/quote]

MB1. :rolleyes:
...Looks like hes put his foot in it with that first shot!...Sorry! I'll get me coat!
BUMP!

[quote name='4 candles' post='847907' date='May 25 2010, 08:53 PM']Price drop £950 delivered to any basschatter in the uk

Prior to an apearence on evil bay!!![/quote]
It was £850 to start....BUT>>>>>> now its £950??????

[quote name='tino' post='873788' date='Jun 21 2010, 07:32 PM']It was £850 to start....BUT>>>>>> now its £950??????[/quote]

MB1. :)
:lol: ...Goes to Show!..it can be an Expensive Business being a Basschatter! :rolleyes:

Edited by MB1

[quote name='MB1' post='873801' date='Jun 21 2010, 07:41 PM']MB1. :)
:lol: ...Goes to Show!..it can be an Expensive Business being a Basschatter! :lol:[/quote]
Oh I get it now I say will you take £1050 :lol: and hes says NO give me £750 and its yours :rolleyes:

Mark can you PM me your best deal with postage...unless your headsing this way in the next few days when cash Im certain would be preferable

Edited by tino