Why become a member? ×

[Gone] Fender Custom shop Telecaster Set Neck Jr'

Hello,

Here for sale or trade my guitar.
This is a special Fender Custom shop Telecaster Set Neck Jr'

here are the spec :
It's a set-neck, with these specifications :
- mahogany set neck
- mahogany body (with 11 tonal chambers)
- inversed control plate (vol. Ton. Switch 3 positions)
- 2 pick-up P90 seymour duncan (Hot soapbar SP90-2 neck & Custom soapbar SP90-3 at bridge)
- 22 frettes jumbo
- pao ferro fingerboard
- mecanics : american standard
- radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- matching headstock

This one was created when John Page was in the Custom shop with his little expert staff
Not the custom shop that fender has today and that creates a lot of series bass and guitars.

This model was produced only at 3 exemplaries. You can see 2 on 3 on the fender frontline N°16 (1995).
I have the picture from the magazine if required.

And, this one is delivered in his hardcase with the all the original goodies.

Note is about 95/100, only minor defects that you can see on the pictures, I can make specials focus on demand.

here the picture :

For trade : Bass gear, saxophone gear and studio gear (but with bigger value for studio gear
cause no collectible quotation for those items)

Thanks for looking !

Edited by flychris

And as usual, the aspect is not exactly the same in picture and in front of you.
This one is very beautiful on hands.

But I recon that in picture, it's a little bit different :)

For info, the colour is sea foam green, if you"re already view this one on a bass or guitar.

Edited by flychris

[quote name='nash' post='843683' date='May 21 2010, 12:21 AM']price?[/quote]

Huh ... that's a good question, I have no idea of the value of this one, cause there are only 3 in this colous produced.
(with original certificate etc...)
And I don't know if it's the only one that is still alive or not...
Sure, it's also a collectible guitar, but don't know the price that I could request for.

I think more than 2000 £.
What do you think about that ?

Have you a pic of your CS jazz ?

I also love the sea foam green fitted with a tortoise pickguard ...
If someone coud photoshop mine to try a tortoise one, could be different but very sexy !

Edited by flychris

Please to offer only same quality bass, or less quality bass with a little bit of money :)
Base at 2000 £ but everything could be discuss if the proposal is correct.

Preference for Roscoe, Skjold, Spector and that kind of basses...
Thank for looking.

[quote name='flychris' post='851785' date='May 30 2010, 12:58 PM']Please to offer only same quality bass, or less quality bass with a little bit of money :)
Base at 2000 £ but everything could be discuss if the proposal is correct.

Preference for Roscoe, Skjold, Spector and that kind of basses...
Thank for looking.[/quote]

PM sent

My fav colour too

[quote name='flychris' post='843462' date='May 20 2010, 07:44 PM']Hello,

Here for sale or trade my guitar.
This is a special Fender Custom shop Telecaster Set Neck Jr'

here are the spec :
It's a set-neck, with these specifications :
- mahogany set neck
- mahogany body (with 11 tonal chambers)
- inversed control plate (vol. Ton. Switch 3 positions)
- 2 pick-up P90 seymour duncan (Hot soapbar SP90-2 neck & Custom soapbar SP90-3 at bridge)
- 22 frettes jumbo
- pao ferro fingerboard
- mecanics : american standard
- radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- matching headstock

This one was created when John Page was in the Custom shop with his little expert staff
Not the custom shop that fender has today and that creates a lot of series bass and guitars.

This model was produced only at 3 exemplaries. You can see 2 on 3 on the fender frontline N°16 (1995).
I have the picture from the magazine if required.

And, this one is delivered in his hardcase with the all the original goodies.

Note is about 95/100, only minor defects that you can see on the pictures, I can make specials focus on demand.

here the picture :

For trade : Bass gear, saxophone gear and studio gear (but with bigger value for studio gear
cause no collectible quotation for those items)

Thanks for looking ![/quote]
[size=3]Does not show the damage in these pics though does it....?[/size]
[size=5]No way 95/100 collection grade
Possibly 80% at a push....[/size]
[size=7]Nice players though[/size]
T

:) :rolleyes: :lol:

The defects are on the pictures, so I send to tino focus on them and it consider it is too much for a 95/100 grade.
So it is his evaluation, and mine is given by two good shops in Paris ( "custom shop" & "vintage" that quoted this one at 95/100)

I just want to be fair because I proposed to send to tino a lot of pictures in order tino knows exactly the condition of the guitar
before he requested them and I'm surprised of the reaction.

And to complete, I don't know what is a 95/100 grade (shop evaluation) but I consider 80/100 very less for this one. Edited by flychris

[quote name='flychris' post='857666' date='Jun 4 2010, 08:43 PM']:) :rolleyes: :lol:

The defects are on the pictures, so I send to tino focus on them and it consider it is too much for a 95/100 grade.
So it is his evaluation, and mine is given by two good shops in Paris ( "custom shop" & "vintage" that quoted this one at 95/100)

I just want to be fair because I proposed to send to tino a lot of pictures in order tino knows exactly the condition of the guitar

And to complete, I don't know what is a 95/100 grade (shop evaluation) but I consider 80/100 very less for this one.[/quote]
I cannot see with this chipping and poor repair on the neck its graded as it is by your valuer,the other chips are acceptable as no one was silly enough to bodge a further unsigthly repair..

I have also never said it was not good and even asked you reconsider your estimate,it is probably ( not garunteed) a very nice instrument to play,but at the end of the day you or I could have a far superior players instrument hand built for less than £2000.And if we are being totally honest then we have to accept Fender CS staff in the main are assemblers of parts not trained Luthiers...I know that given decent quality parts and the facilities I am able to build to at least their standards...unfortunately we drive the market and we inflate the prices..
Ive uploaded the pics you sent to me as they show the most important issues also the others I received when enlarged show what appear to be further issues...

T

Edited by tino

Yeah, it is always the same comparison between luthiers and fender CS, everyone could think what he wants on that.

For the defects :
the three are on the back side of the guitar, those are only little area where the pain is removed (consider it is a focus on them also,
I didn't put a penny on the picture for comparison but you could imagine)

on the neck, There was the same, a little bit of paint removed, and a luthier put just a little bit of paint in order to not paint the entire body.
It was done before I owned the guitar. But unfortunately, the color of this painting was chainging a little over the years. It appears that it's not
the same brand of paint as used on the fender CS ...

And that's all...

The valuer said it was nearly nothing for a 15 years old instrument.

How can I be more transparent ? :)

[quote name='flychris' post='857666' date='Jun 4 2010, 08:43 PM']:) :rolleyes: :lol:

And to complete, I don't know what is a 95/100 grade (shop evaluation) but I consider 80/100 very less for this one.[/quote]

Chris

So as to close this matter out FINALLY I sought a favour of V&R stateside I sent your pics and you will probably have received my confirmation email...In essence it states
1. My estimation is being VERY generous not only are there the faults I mention but others seem apparent elsewhere on investigation of your photos.
2.This is not as rare as you beleive and they value it as $1800 to $2000 ON A GOOD DAY
3. They have access to one in collector condition for substantially less than you have been led to beleive its worth,albeit without a certificate or accompanying paperworks......
4.I bought it and come Monday its on its way......

AND I STILL WISH YOU EVERY SUCCESS IN SELLING YOURS

See Ya

Edited by tino

So, I understand you're a little bit angry cause I don't want to decrease the value of this guitar.
You want to fire this topic, OK but :

I received some more infos, (cause the custom shop models are not so esay to identify) and I think I need to add some infos:

[quote]the production was earlymid 90's (maybe '94?) and were FCS Teambuilt and went to 1999 (maybe 2001)? Standard finishes were Blonde (TV Blonde), Vintageburst (Tobaccoburst w/black border, black neck & headstock), Vintage Cherry (like Gibson's Heritage Cherry), and Natural.

FCS made some special numbered runs for FCS Dealers (WMC and who knows who else?!) that were of a numbered series and all of these, that I've seen, had the Large pickguard. The numbered series I'm familiar with are in TV Blonde XXX of 100, Vintageburst XXX of 150, and Shoreline Gold XX of 25.

There are some Masterbuilds (like Ron & E's) that are Seafoam, White, and a Blue (LP Blue?) and of course Ron's "Pussee Pink" and E's "Baby Blue" .

MSRP originally began at $1900, then peaked at around $2800 in final production years for the Teambuilds.

To my knowledge, all Tele Jr's had reversed control plates. Some owners didn't like the reverse so they turned it around themselves.

Finish is nitro.

Setneck (not neckthru).

Pau Ferro fretboard.

The most interesting bit of info I can offer is that there are two different "innerds". According to the Fender Frontline catalog I saw ('95?), the Tele Jr had 11 one inch tone chambers throughout the body of the guitar. Recently, I found out that somewhere along the production of the Tele Jr FCS switched to the Tele Thinline carve where there's 3 large chambers (large single routs on the bass and treble sides, and a medium rout behind the bridge).[/quote]

This seafoam one seems to be a 'masterbuilt" one , not only a custom shop.

Here a site from switzerland that put another value on this guitar (from guitar collector magazine)
[url="http://www.guitareelectrique.com/argus_fen.html"]fender value[/url]

you could easily see the fender telecaster custom shop set neck junior is valued at 2800 €, second hand for a teambuilt one.

You want to increase the value of your rick, I undestand, You want I decrease the value of the guitar, OK I understand.
But, It's not a reason to fire this topic, everyone could have his own opinion of this guitar, and talk about the price in PM.

On hold on another forum

and someone was going at home to see it, then to test it ....
Well, he has left my house with the tele ...

Very very instrument !

Ciao chocolate / minty tele !

Edited by flychris