Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Wal Fretless Mk.I Custom 4-String

datainadequate

[font="Arial Black"][size=4]+++ Sold +++[/size][/font]

I've decided to sell my fretless Wal, since I hardly play it these days, and I need some cash. It's a Mk.I Custom, built in 1986, serial no. W2691. It has a body of Brazilian mahogany with American walnut facings, an unlined Indian ebony fingerboard (with side dots), and gold hardware. As far as I can tell, it is all original. It's in good condition, but not cosmetically perfect: there are some areas of wear on the top, some buckle marks on the back, and a few other dents and scratches. All the electronics are working, with even volume across the strings. I think it looks better in real life than in these photos, but I don't have a digital camera good enough for the job. Sadly there is no matching Wal hardcase, but it comes with a Rockbag softcase.

I'm looking for [b]£1995[/b], and the buyer will have to collect from London (Kennington area). If you have a decent quality small practice amp looking for a home, I'd consider a part-exchange deal. And although I really shouldn't, I might even consider a part-exchange deal for a nice mid-range fretted 5- or 6-string. Please PM me if you are interested.

John

[attachment=50057:wal_fretless_1.jpg]
[attachment=50058:wal_fretless_2.jpg][attachment=50059:wal_fretless_3.jpg]
[attachment=50060:wal_fretless_4.jpg][attachment=50061:wal_fretless_5.jpg][font="Arial Black"][/font]

Edited by datainadequate

[quote name='datainadequate' post='846664' date='May 24 2010, 05:09 PM']Thought there might be a bit more interest here. Maybe I should put it on eBay? :)[/quote]

That is cracking and i'm surprised its not been snapped up. If I wasnt looking for a fretted Wal and had a bit more cash I'd be all over it.

I'm sure if you put it on the 'bay people will clamber all over it.

Good luck.

Chris

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='846828' date='May 24 2010, 08:22 PM']Pick up only may put some buyers off - although not many people would front 2.5K for a bass they haven't tried even if it is a Wal.

One of my all time GAS favourites!!

Best of luck

BB[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='absolutpepper' post='846680' date='May 24 2010, 05:25 PM']That is cracking and i'm surprised its not been snapped up. If I wasnt looking for a fretted Wal and had a bit more cash I'd be all over it.

I'm sure if you put it on the 'bay people will clamber all over it.

Good luck.

Chris[/quote]

Have it fretted, then two happy people.

I think I mentioned this on another thread somewhere, but I've played this bass and IMHO it's worth every penny John is looking for. It's an absolute beauty and it reeks of quality from the second you touch it.