Why become a member? ×

Warwick completely moving production to Korea?

sockdeluxe_mikey

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='841703' date='May 19 2010, 09:07 AM']A MIM or CIJ Fender is still a Fender though, isn't it? Seem to remember Fender also making certain series (Lite Ash?) in Korea with an authentic F-Badge.[/quote]

True, but then with that, you have the USA model to be the next level up or the top of the line. If Warwick move all production, then there will not another level up, I.E there wont be a German Warick to the USA Fender... If that makes sense?

I would have no issues with buying a Korean Corvette (or any Warwick) at all, my only issue comes from the fact the price won't/wouldn't be changed at all to mirror the lowered production costs! :)

[quote name='throwoff' post='841728' date='May 19 2010, 09:31 AM']This is nothing more than a rumour trust me![/quote]
Yep! As for the guy on talkbass who reckons it was on the front page on the warwick site, where the hell was he looking??! He's just confirmed pretty much every reason i don't use talkbass. Idiot.

Outsourcing is a bit of a thing for me.

If the bass or product made in the west has a western salary costed into it..then I can see why you would pay a western type price for it..but if it retains a western price but is made in the far east, for example, then that is profiteering to a degree that I'll not want to support.

I have just had a quite look round and my bass gear is made in either the UK and the U.S. Fine by me.