Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Fender Aerodyne Precision Special Bass- £360 plus P&P

I recently bought this 2006 Fender Aerodyne Precison Special bass, but after some consideration, I've decided it's surplus to requirements.

It's a beautiful bass and sounds amazing. It's pretty lightweight too (under 9lbs) with a slim neck (more Jazz than P Bass to me) and in excellent condition apart from some dents in the body by the bridge underneath the bridge cover that was fitted by the previous owner. It looks like the bridge cover has been knocked at some stage and has debted the body somewhat. It hasn't gone through the paintwork but is certainly noticeable when the ashtray is removed. If like me though you think the bass looks cool with the ashtray, it's not an issue.

I had to source 2 new tuners for this as the E and A tuner weren't working properly. I have also fitted a set of D'Addario Chromes (the original strings were stock Fende rones and well-past their sell bty date) and given it a good clean.

I'm looking for £360 plus P&P for this but would prefer a meet or pick up. I would also consider a trade (plus cash my pssobly) for a decent fretless (US Jazz or something).

Here's the Spec:

The new Aerodyne Classic Precision Bass Special bridges the gap between Fender's ultra-progressive Aerodyne body profile and the vintage design of the highly revered, hard-working, and hard-hitting bass that started it all.

The figured maple top with cream binding and choice of eye-catching transparent finishes take the Aerodyne concept to a new style level, while its uniquely radiused body design enhances comfort and maintains the traditional Precision vibe.

Fender Aerodyne Classic Precision Bass Guitar Special Features:

Basswood body topped with figured maple
C-shaped maple neck with 7.25"-radius
20-fret rosewood fingerboard
Body matching headstock
3-ply mint-green pickguard
Chrome bridge and tuning machine
Split single-coil Precision Bass Pickup in the middle position
Single-coil Jazz Bass pickup at the bridge
Polyurethane finish

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Damn it, I wanted one of these but am a bit short of the price at the moment..

Just to ask though, have you got a pic of the damage near the bridge, and could you confirm the serial number as I cant make it out..

Thanks.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='831236' date='May 8 2010, 09:50 AM']It's a pity they discontinued these - They were much nicer than the Jazz version. :)

Best of luck with the sale, Nick.[/quote]

I totally agree. I've played 2 of these and both were excellent instruments.

That's a lovely colour too, you don't seem to see as many of the red or blue ones about.

Good luck with the sale.

seriously, this is still here? I keep thinking about this bass, the pictures are haunting me... too cool for words... someone please buy this before I sell my soul / kidneys to purchase it

[i]edit - looks like bassatnight may have this? my bank manager will be pleased.[/i]

Edited by Stag