Why become a member? ×

Effect loop

danny-79

Just having an ask to see who uses the effect loop and what do you put through it ?
At the present I'm running everything in a chain through the front of the amp,
(Bass- Tuner - Compressor - Overdrive - Octave Divider - Chorus - Envelope Filter - Delay - Amp).
Would i be better off putting the last three (chorus - envelope filter - delay) through the return - send effect loop ??
I no the point of the loop is to split the signal between the amp and cab (so your in effect in the middle of the two)
Do people go about it this way or should i stick to what i no and keep it as it is in one big chain ?
Or is my theory about the three i thought that might be best in the loops wrong ?
Thanks in advance,
Dan.

[quote name='JackLondon' post='830822' date='May 7 2010, 05:00 PM']You can always get an effects loop pedal :)[/quote]

That will still go into the front of the amp though, not what the OP was asking at all.

I use my fx loop for Chorus, Tremolo, Delay and Reverb.

Octave, Dirt, Filter and Compressor are before the amp.

I've only started using this setup recently and it's working out very well for me. I need to have some sort of interface box built so I can wire everything up easier.

Edited by gnasher1993

Just been messing about with the signal chain and found that the Chorus followed by the Envelope Filter put through the f/x loop wasn't a to bad a sound, sounded fuller and more rounded (if that makes sense) but nothing really that noticeable.
But when i put the Envelope filter right at the start of the chain (before the dirt), that sounded really good !!
Defiantly fun to play with , putting them in random orders an see what happens (constructive way to spend your Sunday :))