Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nearly Dan

Pete Academy

Just have to say I was there on Friday night - with Baaaaabara of course :rolleyes: - & if you were not then you missed a real treat!

Great musicianship, including a brass section to die for, unbelievable harmonies & the Fat Wire's no slouch for an old Dodderer :lol:

Nearly Dan are a Professional Outfit with talent in abundance & if you ever get the chance to see them - GO! I promise you, you will not be disappointed!

I think we are all aware that Dan stuff aint no 'three chord bashers' & these guys do a really good job, 'Mu majors' & all!!

On Friday, the venue was very well attended - OK IT WAS FULL - you gotta get there VERY early if you want a seat - great sound + real ale & Pro Musicians = a bloody good night.

Sorry to be so gushing about this band, but they are a real treat to watch & unfortunately don't play locally often enough - 'Local' venues please note - book this band & you will be full to capacity of very thirsty, appreciative music fans!!

Looking forward to the next Gig & hope it's not going to be too far away!

Not going to next Nearly Dan Gig??? - ''Only A Fool Would Say That'' :) !!

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='825457' date='May 2 2010, 01:04 PM']Guest list...sheep plus one.[/quote]

ps - sorry, but I forgot to mention the Sax solo in Dr Wu - Fan-bloody-tastic & then some :)

[quote name='dodgnofski' post='832516' date='May 9 2010, 08:07 PM']Just have to say I was there on Friday night - with Baaaaabara of course :lol: - & if you were not then you missed a real treat!

Great musicianship, including a brass section to die for, unbelievable harmonies & the Fat Wire's no slouch for an old Dodderer :lol:

Nearly Dan are a Professional Outfit with talent in abundance & if you ever get the chance to see them - GO! I promise you, you will not be disappointed!

I think we are all aware that Dan stuff aint no 'three chord bashers' & these guys do a really good job, 'Mu majors' & all!!

On Friday, the venue was very well attended - OK IT WAS FULL - you gotta get there VERY early if you want a seat - great sound + real ale & Pro Musicians = a bloody good night.

Sorry to be so gushing about this band, but they are a real treat to watch & unfortunately don't play locally often enough - 'Local' venues please note - book this band & you will be full to capacity of very thirsty, appreciative music fans!!

Not going to next Nearly Dan Gig??? - ''Only A Fool Would Say That'' :rolleyes: !![/quote]

[quote name='dodgnofski' post='832516' date='May 9 2010, 08:07 PM']Just have to say I was there on Friday night - with Baaaaabara of course :rolleyes: - & if you were not then you missed a real treat!

Not going to next Nearly Dan Gig??? - ''Only A Fool Would Say That'' :) !![/quote]

Did you enjoy them,then?

[quote name='silddx' post='832968' date='May 10 2010, 12:25 PM']I'll be at the Jazz Café gig in August, anyone else coming?[/quote]

Yes - and I recommend The Stables (MK) in October - great venue.