Why become a member? ×

Two Gallien Kreuger MBX112 cabs **SOLD**

Bilbo

I have two of these on offer, one of which has a very tiny buzz that I can't figure out (its slight enough to not bother me as a practice amp but I won't sell it in that state as it is imperfect). As a result, I am willing to give the second cab to anyone who buys the first (which is in perfect working order, albeit a bit tatty on the paint front - see photos). The cabs have a 3.5KHz crossover built in, if you want to use a tweeter. The Tweeters I used are Dayton ribbons and they are very easy on the ear. They are magnetic and stuck on the cab when in use. They come free with the cabs but are a bit Heath Robinson. The cabs work without the crossovers but they do make a positive difference to the sound.

Thomann list these at £257 new. I would sell the one for £120 and throw the second one in for free (if the buzz is not electronic but requires a new speaker, I have priced that at £109 - which is why I would not sell the 'broken' cab in its own right). So that's [b]£120 for 2 MBX112s.[/b]

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='824666' date='May 1 2010, 10:53 AM']Hmm. Would you post/ship these Bilbo?[/quote]

Of course. Having just been throught this with a bass, I can't believe it is so easy with Parcel Monkey. I would have to price it before I sent it but it would probably be about £20.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='824743' date='May 1 2010, 12:29 PM']parcelmonkey rocks -cheap as you like and so easy to use[/quote]
Parcelmonkey sucks watermelons through elephants. The worst company it's ever been my pleasure to deal with on the internet. I'll never use them again. If you don't beleive me, just ask Gazgoldstar about the tribulations we had with a certain V-Bass unit.

Wish I could afford this at the moment. Rent, council tax and leckie came out the same week so I'm rooked. Exactly what I'm looking for after just trading my small cab for a big one. Would come in so handy for smaller gigs, especially with the upright. Blast.