Why become a member? ×

TecAmp Puma 112 bass combo amp

[quote name='Musicman20' post='823959' date='Apr 30 2010, 12:44 PM']Hmm.....ex guitarguitar sale?

Unfortunately even though I love Tecamp, [b]their brand has been devalued by that sale[/b]. These were £350 new![/quote]

Even though GG were offering the TecAmp stuff at silly prices, the quality of the product hasn't changed. The perceived value of something is a funny thing...

[quote name='Dubs' post='824001' date='Apr 30 2010, 01:11 PM']Even though GG were offering the TecAmp stuff at silly prices, the quality of the product hasn't changed. The perceived value of something is a funny thing...[/quote]

£350 wow that is cheap.

[quote name='Dubs' post='824001' date='Apr 30 2010, 01:11 PM']Even though GG were offering the TecAmp stuff at silly prices, the quality of the product hasn't changed. The perceived value of something is a funny thing...[/quote]

I love the Tecamp stuff, and Im gutted I didnt get one of these. The cabs are flat out awesome. The amps Ive never tested much but I can imagine they are brilliant.

I agree, its perceived value....and guitarguitar have unfortunately had an effect on it (not outside BChat though lol).

That would be mine! I'm needing to shift it in order to fund a move to France. I had a very hard time deciding on how to price this, as I did get it for considerably less than it's market value. In the end, I've put it at a price I feel is fair based on the current retail pricing (i.e. £1150 at the Bass Merchant). If anyone is interested, then I'm sure a bit of Basschat discount could be applied!

They are awesome amps, just a shame I've never had a chance to use it in earnest!

[quote name='~tl' post='824718' date='May 1 2010, 11:59 AM']That would be mine! I'm needing to shift it in order to fund a move to France. I had a very hard time deciding on how to price this, as I did get it for considerably less than it's market value. In the end, I've put it at a price I feel is fair based on the current retail pricing (i.e. £1150 at the Bass Merchant). If anyone is interested, then I'm sure a bit of Basschat discount could be applied!

They are awesome amps, just a shame I've never had a chance to use it in earnest![/quote]

I can fully understand that price, and the fact they were a little crazily priced should not have an affect on the second hand value. Its like someone who manages to score an absolute bargain of a car then realises its actually worth more.

Tecamp gear is fantastic, and I hope the sale goes ahead ok!