Why become a member? ×

Velcro for pedalboards

Shacky

So I'm selling my Multi-FX jobbie and going back to Stompboxes, and so the other day ordered me a Spider Case/Board.

It arrived today, and I began to stick the velcro strips it came with down onto the board, but noticed that the plastic backing to the velcro seemed to be taking all the glue with it. So the velcro effectively has no stick on the back of it. I've got no problem with superglue-in it down to the board , But I don't really want to start superglue-ing velcro to the bottom of stompboxes.

Long story short, where can I get some decent Velcro/a solution to the minor problem. I live about 5/10 mins from Homebase and Focus respectively, so I might take a wander up there in a bit and see what they have to offer.

Cheers!

[url="http://www.diago.co.uk/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,24/category_id,1/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,206/"]Diago Engineering[/url]

I bought some of this stuff a while back, it's cheap and really, really good.

That probably answers my question as well - I have a couple of Japanese Boss pedals that I don't want to put the velcro over the label in case I sell them and the label gets damaged so they have a habit of separating from the glue back on the velcro itself and rolling around inside my pedalboard.

I didn't buy them cos they're Japanese or filled with Mojo and suchlike, I just happened to get 2 pedals at a really good price that happened to be Japanese.

To Homebase after work methinks

I know i'm too late but its worth trying 3M Dual Lock. Its what the pro-rig makers use in the states ala Bob Bradshaw and Dave Freidman.

[quote name='Shacky' post='824220' date='Apr 30 2010, 04:54 PM']Homebase was the answer!

Popped down the road, £12.99 for a 50mmx1m Roll of proper velcro. Not the cheapest stuff, but it's bloody sticky![/quote]

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='824349' date='Apr 30 2010, 08:03 PM']I know i'm too late but its worth trying 3M Dual Lock. Its what the pro-rig makers use in the states ala Bob Bradshaw and Dave Freidman.[/quote]
Totally. Pricey though, unless it accidentally gets ordered through work.

Next time you do, you should sell it on BassChat. Had a look on Ebay and you can get 25mm wide x 1m Long for £9.49 inc Postage. I think thats pretty good!

These are also brilliant for uber tidy cabling on pedal boards - [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160363298658&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]Self Adhesive Cable Clips[/url]

[quote name='johnnylager' post='824354' date='Apr 30 2010, 08:12 PM']Totally. Pricey though, unless it accidentally gets ordered through work.[/quote]