Why become a member? ×

1975 Precision For Sale""""SOLD""""

phsycoandy

I'm not at all comfortable with the Pbass neck dimensions and much prefer the 1.5 Jazz neck measurement, so am wanting to swap my 1975 Precision for a Jazz style / sadowsky or whatever. Must have 1.5 nut measurement.
Details:
1975 Precion bass with immaculate and I mean immaculate Maple neck, barely a mark safe for some normal wear on the lower side of the neck on the g string side on the edge of the neck, the usual place, from years of use.
Serial number is 644832.
Non original bits are the knobs and the bridge everything else dates from 75, pups are stamped and the pots and pic guard are all from 74/75.
1 bad bit is that it was once active and there is a small 9v battery size rout under the guard, very neat and only the size of the battery. There are also 2 screw holes where a thumb rest was at some time placed on the lower register, there are no extra holes though in the present pic guard.
Wonderful body grain that follows the contour of the pic guard almost exactly, that always gets comments oddly!
There are normal wear marks on the upper edge and some belt rash to the rear.
Nice skunk stripe, no lifting, neck is superb, sound is what you would expect, although the tone control to my aged ear seems to not make too much difference, shes loud and thumpy as it should be.
Some Pics:

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='94523' date='Nov 26 2007, 01:33 PM']Lost a Sale on this putting it on hold waiting for payment! So now payment up front! Sorry but I cant put it on hold anymore for people. Still looking for a Jazzed necked trade or the £850.[/quote]

Yeh, I really wanted your bass, and managed to free up the cash on Friday to get it. Irony was, I drove through your part of the world with the cash in my pocket yesterday on the way to buy the one I eventually did get :) Bummer when guys pull out like that Andy, that's a stunning bass, and I had to drive about 200 miles further to buy one that probably isn't as nice! Problem was, I couldn't risk losing both of them, so I had to take the plunge. Life eh!
Good luck
Chris

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='94700' date='Nov 26 2007, 06:56 PM']Life Indeed, thats twice I have put it on hold now for folk and they havent come through or suddenly go anonymous or missing from the board! but heh thats life as you say, enjoy the PB btw it would have been nice to meet you.[/quote]

Right back at ya Andy. Perhaps, if the buyers in question left you high and dry without notice or apology, a bit of naming and shaming wouldn't go amiss? Unreliable buyers are perhaps as much as a problem as unreliable sellers.
Good luck on abay. Personally, I reckon you'll get over £1000 for it in that condition.
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' date='Nov 27 2007, 06:07 PM' post='95223']
Right back at ya Andy. Perhaps, if the buyers in question left you high and dry without notice or apology, a bit of naming and shaming wouldn't go amiss? Unreliable buyers are perhaps as much as a problem as unreliable sellers.
Good luck on abay. Personally, I reckon you'll get over £1000 for it in that condition.
Chris
Thanks for that Beedster, although a tad annoyed, I wouldnt like to name and shame as I like to think the best of people and perhaps something happened that couldnt be avoided or someone was ill or something, but youre right an apology here and there would be nice or at least a reason. Not sure what it will make on the bay, havent had that great success on there in the past, but you never know.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='95248' date='Nov 27 2007, 08:54 PM']Thanks for that Beedster, although a tad annoyed, I wouldnt like to name and shame as I like to think the best of people and perhaps something happened that couldnt be avoided or someone was ill or something, but youre right an apology here and there would be nice or at least a reason. Not sure what it will make on the bay, havent had that great success on there in the past, but you never know.[/quote]

I hope you are not referring to me because I clearly stated the reasons that I couldn't proceed with the payment.

[quote name='fleamail' post='95297' date='Nov 27 2007, 08:49 PM']I hope you are not referring to me because I clearly stated the reasons that I couldn't proceed with the payment.[/quote] As far as i know its only myself and the bidder and perhaps the moderator who actually knows who has pmed an offer so I see no reason for you to suspect that, I certainly havent mentioned any names and have no intention of doing so.