Why become a member? ×

Strap Recommendation

4 Strings

I've seen a couple of recent threads relating to straps and I'd like to recommend 'Hidebashers' in Wales for bespoke leather straps. (no website but sells off the peg on the dreaded ebay here: [url="http://shop.ebay.co.uk/crooky2/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340"]http://shop.ebay.co.uk/crooky2/m.html?_nkw...p;_trksid=p4340[/url] )

Just made leather straps to my design, dimensions etc for my lad an myself for £21 each. Nice and wide, thick leather, lots of embossed lettering, holes punched for straplocks (rather than the normal hole+slit for buttons) etc all to how I specified it.

Really pleased with the results, need to buy another bass so I can order another strap!

(no relation or interest apart from being a satisfied customer)

[quote name='thedonutman' post='820074' date='Apr 26 2010, 10:36 PM']Sounds like a good deal. Do they all have metal buckles, though?[/quote]

the buckles offered are metal (different colour finishes) but I didn't want any buckles knocking about in my guitar case so he offered other adjustment types (the slots etc) which didn't require metalware and/or a selection of button hole positions.

I ended up having no adjustment at all as I knew the length I use and its not likely to change.

Its wide enough for me not to require any padding, but I suppose that's personal preference.

(I also had little in the way of edge decoration - just a single line, simple sort me)

Edited by 4 Strings

[quote name='Pkomor' post='828002' date='May 4 2010, 10:58 PM']Did you ever manage to get some photos?

No worries if not, i'm just interested![/quote]

Yeah, I would be interested! I have a bit of a strap fetish...

They look really nice, just wondering it is real leather or faux leather?
i have seen a leather Guitar strap need USD45.00 on another website
[url="http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Franklin-Strap-3-Caramel-Leather-Guitar-Strap-with-Gold-Stitching?sku=360749"]http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/pro...hing?sku=360749[/url]

I want to buy a [url="http://www.sourcingmap.com/multicolor-adjustable-fender-guitar-nylon-shoulder-strap-p-59687.html"]Nylon Guitar strap[/url] , i have found lots of these item online. And they are more cheaper than leather strap

Idon't know which one is better ? Nylon and Leather.

Give me some advise ? thanks :)

Hey thanks for the link! exactly what I'm after. Now to see if this guy does custom leather scratch plates which I'm sure he is capable of judging by the work shown on ebay. So hopefully matching strap and leather scratch plate :)

[quote name='Ruck' post='837850' date='May 15 2010, 02:20 AM']Hey thanks for the link! exactly what I'm after. Now to see if this guy does custom leather scratch plates which I'm sure he is capable of judging by the work shown on ebay. So hopefully matching strap and leather scratch plate :)[/quote]

A leather scratchplate, great idea!

Here's the pics I promised (very poor pics I'm afraid, couldn't get the camera to work so had to use a video on still mode), I doubt the words will be to all tastes but, that's the point of bespoke isn't it? Must admit wasn't keen on too much fancy stuff and under the straplocks there are special 11mm holes, not the usual slits.

All for £21.

[quote name='4 Strings' post='838413' date='May 15 2010, 08:37 PM']A leather scratchplate, great idea!

Here's the pics I promised (very poor pics I'm afraid, couldn't get the camera to work so had to use a video on still mode), I doubt the words will be to all tastes but, that's the point of bespoke isn't it? Must admit wasn't keen on too much fancy stuff and under the straplocks there are special 11mm holes, not the usual slits.

All for £21.[/quote]

That looks like a single length strap that cant be adjusted for size. Does he not do the other trype with the buckle and strap device? Do you need to specify this when ordering? Also you say you got it for £21, but on ebay the guy sells them for £25 + £3 postage?

[quote name='4 Strings' post='822802' date='Apr 29 2010, 10:36 AM']the buckles offered are metal (different colour finishes) but I didn't want any buckles knocking about in my guitar case so he offered other adjustment types (the slots etc) which didn't require metalware and/or a selection of button hole positions.

I ended up having no adjustment at all as I knew the length I use and its not likely to change.

Its wide enough for me not to require any padding, but I suppose that's personal preference.

(I also had little in the way of edge decoration - just a single line, simple sort me)[/quote]

From earlier....

[quote name='daz' post='843778' date='May 21 2010, 05:29 AM']That looks like a single length strap that cant be adjusted for size. Does he not do the other trype with the buckle and strap device? Do you need to specify this when ordering? Also you say you got it for £21, but on ebay the guy sells them for £25 + £3 postage?[/quote]

He gave me the price of £21 as it was a simple strap there was no adjustment built in. His idea to reduce the price, not mine!