Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Precision only £220 posted!

Mr. Foxen

Edited to remove page eating and pointless jazz pics:

Bought these to steal the bits off, but it turned out they were just grotty, and are fine, fully functional basses with upgrades. Cleaned them up and sorted the issues.

Damage shots:

The precision has been upgraded to Seymour duncan basslines active pickups and a Badass II bridge. Precision has a nice flamed neck but both are quite dinged as the photos should show. Nothing deep. If I was keeping them, I'd strip and oil the back of the neck for that silky feel (like the finish on the Wishbass).

After £220 Posted

Edited by Mr. Foxen

Hi,
How dinged is the Jazz Bass, noticed marks on back of the neck, are there any chips to the body? There seems to be reflection in the photos or is the black dulled / scuffed. Also no neck issues / good action?
Thanks
Steve

Edited by SteveF72

[quote name='SteveF72' post='840323' date='May 17 2010, 10:39 PM']Hi,
How dinged is the Jazz Bass, noticed marks on back of the neck, are there any chips to the body? There seems to be reflection in the photos or is the black dulled / scuffed. Also no neck issues / good action?
Thanks
Steve[/quote]

No body chips that expose wood. It is scuffed/swirled in places, probably could t-cut it out, there are weird reflections on it though, in the first set of photos, suppose compare the two as they have similar reflections. I have a bunch more pics, pm me an email address if you want to see. Didn't want to make this page a pain to load up with loads of pics. Basically, on the strung jazz pic, the top horn shows the dull patches, accentuated by the photograph.

The action on the jazz is very good, I've set it up, and it was easy, no neck weirdness or anything. The bridge is not filed, it hasn't got much more down adjustment, but a shim will sort that, standard badass II sort of thing.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='851854' date='May 30 2010, 03:14 PM']Surprise is being expressed that these are still going. In anticipation of further similar inquiries, the Precision weighs 4.15kg[/quote]

Hi is the fender P still available?
Its for a gift for a very inexperienced boyfriend - whats general condition like please?
which is in better nick, the P or the J please?
Also, im travelling in thailand at the moment - would youaccept western union payment? Its not a dodgy deal - i just cant pay any other way whilst im here. You would have cash in hand before posting it!!!!!!
Also, how much is postage and does it come with a gig bag or any other bits and pieces please?
Thanks

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='861519' date='Jun 8 2010, 09:29 PM']Edit and new price bump.[/quote]

Hi..

Interested in the Fender P.. am I correct in assuming it's a made in USA Bass? Does it come with any case?