Why become a member? ×

Huh....a H chord?

iconic

:) Great song on the new Vauxhall ad', Gnarls Barkley Run......thought I'd have a look around for chords etc and come across this....it has a H chord? :rolleyes:

[b]Gnarls Barkley - Run (I'm a Natural Disaster)

E: 022100
Efret7: xx9997
H: xx4442; 799877
G: 320003;355433
G#: 466544
A:x02220;577655

E
Yeah its still the same
G
Can’t you feel the pain
A
When the needle hits the vein
G
Ain’t nothing like the real thing
E
I’ve seen it once before
E
And oh it’s something else
Good god

E
Cool breeze come on in
G
Sunshine come on down
A
These are the tear drops of the clown
G
Circus is coming to town
E
All I’m saying is sometimes I’m more scared of myself

E
You better
Efret7
move
E
I said
move

H
Runaway
H
Runaway
H
Run children

H
Run for your life
H
Runaway
H
Runaway
H
Run children
H G A
Here it comes
G A
I said run
H
Alright

E
Yeah I’m on the run
G
See where I’m coming from
A
When you see me coming run
G
Before you see what I’m running from
E
No time for question asking time is passing by

E
Alright
G
You can’t win child
A
We’ve all tried to
G
You’ve been lied to
E
It’s all ready inside you

G
Either you run right now
E
Or you best get ready to die
Efret7
You better
Efret7
move
E
I said
E
move

H\
Runaway
H\
Runaway
H\
Run children
H\
Run for your life
H\
Runaway
H\
Runaway
H\
Run children
H G A
Here it comes
G A
I said run
H
Alright

E
Hurry little children
G
Run this way
E A G# G
I have got a beast at bay

E G
Promise me when the chance comes
E G
You'll run as fast as you can
E G
Don't you dare look backwards
E G E
Run as fast as you can

E E E G G G
La la la la la la
A A A E
la La la la
A G E A G E
La la la la la la 2x

H\
Runaway
H\
Runaway
H\
Run children
H\
Run for your life
H\
Runaway
H\
Runaway
H\
Run children
H G A
Here it comes
G A
I said run
H
Alright[/b] Edited by iconic

[quote name='hubrad' post='812768' date='Apr 20 2010, 04:56 PM']If the source is German, H = B.
Just to confuse us, B = Bb.
Think that's the way round.[/quote]

Yup, think that's it. :)

I came across this too, with some Blackmore's Night stuff, and B certainly seems to work and make sense. :rolleyes:

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='813049' date='Apr 20 2010, 09:04 PM']wasn't h Bb?

Something to do with composing tunes based on the surname of J S Bach, so the notes/chords/harmony were based around B, A, C, Bb.[/quote]

H is definately B, B is Bb in German.

I'm a French Horn player by trade - I have to transpose into all sorts of keys all the time, and loads of it is German music with the dreaded H - down an augmented 4th for me :) - always a bit of a head-scratcher.

[quote name='JonnyB' post='814246' date='Apr 21 2010, 08:44 PM']H is definately B, B is Bb in German.

I'm a French Horn player by trade - I have to transpose into all sorts of keys all the time, and loads of it is German music with the dreaded H - down an augmented 4th for me :) - always a bit of a head-scratcher.[/quote]

A girl went out on a date with a trumpet player, and when she came back her roommate asked, "Well, how was it? Did his embouchure make him a great kisser?"

"Nah," the first girl replied. "That dry, tight, tiny little pucker; it was no fun at all."

The next night she went out with a tuba player, and when she came back her roommate asked, "Well, how was his kissing?"

"Ugh!" the first girl exclaimed. "Those huge, rubbery, blubbery, slobbering slabs of meat; oh, it was just gross!"

The next night she went out with a [b]French horn player[/b], and when she came back her roommate asked, "Well, how was his kissing?"

"Well," the first girl replied, "his kissing was just so-so; but I loved the way he held me!"

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='814345' date='Apr 21 2010, 09:45 PM']A girl went out on a date with a trumpet player, and when she came back her roommate asked, "Well, how was it? Did his embouchure make him a great kisser?"

"Nah," the first girl replied. "That dry, tight, tiny little pucker; it was no fun at all."

The next night she went out with a tuba player, and when she came back her roommate asked, "Well, how was his kissing?"

"Ugh!" the first girl exclaimed. "Those huge, rubbery, blubbery, slobbering slabs of meat; oh, it was just gross!"

The next night she went out with a [b]French horn player[/b], and when she came back her roommate asked, "Well, how was his kissing?"

"Well," the first girl replied, "his kissing was just so-so; but I loved the way he held me!"[/quote]

:) believe it or not I've not heard that one before!

Much maligned are the French Horn players. I've never thought tuning was that unstable?

But to return OT

How does the B = Bb thing work? The Germans use the same tonality as us. Is it just in the transalation of note names, rather than of note position?