Why become a member? ×

Funk University

mgibson

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='823342' date='Apr 29 2010, 07:49 PM']is anyone signing up to this or is it a waste of time~?[/quote]
I signed up to receive the emails while they're building the thing.

It actually sounds very good so far. But time will tell... and no idea of prices etc. yet.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Eight' post='838998' date='May 16 2010, 04:59 PM']I went for the monthly option.

Near enough equates (cost-wise) to one extra bass lesson a month, so if they keep the promise of uploading new stuff daily then it could be a very good thing for me.[/quote]

Have you seen any content yet?

I can't help feeling a bit sceptical that they will have enough to justify daily updates :)

[quote name='molan' post='839578' date='May 17 2010, 10:40 AM']Have you seen any content yet?

I can't help feeling a bit sceptical that they will have enough to justify daily updates :)[/quote]
They don't officially open until June but they've posted a few exercises and things to work on in the mean time. Stuff like the spider and crab exercises, g major scale all over the neck, blues scales, slapping + popping exercises etc. Basically, things you're going to "need to know" for the actual course.

I don't know if it will be any good or not - I'm betting on it being useful enough *for me* to justify the cost. I have my doubts exactly how useful it'll all be for someone with more playing experience and knowledge of funk; but since I have very little of either then I'm sure I'm going to be easily pleased. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rettoglide1' post='839950' date='May 17 2010, 05:34 PM']Money making scam hey...[/quote]
Maybe... maybe not.

Bare in mind they're promising structured development, resources and feedback (if you send in clips of you playing etc.) then it's more or less what I get from my bass teacher (not quitting regular lessons btw) and have found extremely beneficial over just picking tunes I like and playing them.

I doubt it will be as good as they're claiming (that's what marketing is all about) but it's a bit early to write it off as a scam.

[quote name='bass_ennyday' post='838533' date='May 16 2010, 12:43 AM']Got a "Golden Ticket" but still not decided if i should sign up or better not.

This weekend the opportunity to save on tuition ends and i have to really
think about it fast now. if i sign up, then i would go for the 150U$ (118 €)
plan.[/quote]

here we go, i just signed up for 1 semester ... see you at the campus.

by the way: i will win the Bootsy signed bass :)