Why become a member? ×

FT/FS. My Lakland Skyline Duck Dunn. **SOLD**

dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='822354' date='Apr 28 2010, 07:37 PM']I really want a Sandberg now. I love my Ray34 and its still my main bass but i do miss the P tone as well. As long as i can cover the cost of a Sandberg ill be happy.
As soon as a Sandberg comes up i probably will drop the price for a quick sale. Saying that, im really not in a great rush to get rid of it. I really would keep the DD but im going off the narrow neck. Apparently the Sandbergs have a narrow, but not jazz sized necks. This sounds ideal for me now.

I saw that SR5 (and the first time he advertised it) but i hate sunburst or Cherry burst. I just cant get my head around them. Shallow i know.
Now Blackburst, thats my ideal finish. Hoping one of the Sandbergs will come up soon in that colour.
Have you seen Nicks one? This is all his fault lol.[/quote]

By the way, a guy in the wanted section is looking for a Duck Dunn.

Yeah saw Nick's one. Although not my cup of tea, it looks nice and lots seem to think its a cracking bass. He seems over the moon about it.

I totally understand about colour. Not a chance on this earth could I ever have a sunburst bass. Made it even worse when a non bass playing friend saw me looking at one and said its a bit country and western :):)

I'm just totally in love with my Warwick and really badly want a Streamer :rolleyes:

[quote name='Linus27' post='822394' date='Apr 28 2010, 08:10 PM']By the way, a guy in the wanted section is looking for a Duck Dunn.

Yeah saw Nick's one. Although not my cup of tea, it looks nice and lots seem to think its a cracking bass. He seems over the moon about it.

I totally understand about colour. Not a chance on this earth could I ever have a sunburst bass. Made it even worse when a non bass playing friend saw me looking at one and said its a bit country and western :):)

I'm just totally in love with my Warwick and really badly want a Streamer :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yeah, ive been in touch with that guy wanting one but im just out of his price range. But like i say, if a Sandberg pops up for a good price im happy to drop mine.

I don't know why i dont like sunbursts, maybe it just looks old to me. My first guitar was a sunburst, maybe i still relate it to that.

I must admit im not 100% on the colour of nicks PM4 but i could live with it. Arctic white would be nicer. Nicks has dots on the fretboard though, thats a big plus to me. You pay extra so something like that.

Glad your still enjoying the Warwick. Still counting down the days till your SR4 is let out of the box lol.

Ive just put some EB Group III flats on my Ray34. They feel really nice but ive yet to play through my rig. Im sure they will be great. I haven't really encountered that bright tone i always thought i would get form a stingray. Much more mellower than i expected.
Im still up for getting a SR4. Some nice ones up for sale at the mo, particularly the black and maple one. For now though i dont want to spend any money on more or less duplicating what i already have.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='822417' date='Apr 28 2010, 08:30 PM']Yeah, ive been in touch with that guy wanting one but im just out of his price range. But like i say, if a Sandberg pops up for a good price im happy to drop mine.

I don't know why i dont like sunbursts, maybe it just looks old to me. My first guitar was a sunburst, maybe i still relate it to that.

I must admit im not 100% on the colour of nicks PM4 but i could live with it. Arctic white would be nicer. Nicks has dots on the fretboard though, thats a big plus to me. You pay extra so something like that.

Glad your still enjoying the Warwick. Still counting down the days till your SR4 is let out of the box lol.

Ive just put some EB Group III flats on my Ray34. They feel really nice but ive yet to play through my rig. Im sure they will be great. I haven't really encountered that bright tone i always thought i would get form a stingray. Much more mellower than i expected.
Im still up for getting a SR4. Some nice ones up for sale at the mo, particularly the black and maple one. For now though i dont want to spend any money on more or less duplicating what i already have.[/quote]

Yeah, Stingray is still locked away until June :) My wife is out tonight and I am very tempted to have a play :rolleyes:

Yeah, you would be mad to get an SR4 next to your Ray34. Better off with a Sterling, SR5 or something different. Not convinced on the whole Sandberg thing to be honest. Probably amazing basses but just a bit non descript to me. Maybe you should get a Warwick :lol:

Edited by Linus27

I know what you mean about the sandbergs. Pretty plain and sightly ugly to my eyes but they do seem to offer everything i want.
The Sterling is definitely out now. I just dont want a skinny neck any more. Still up for a SR5 though. That would offer me narrower string spacing and the lower notes. If i got one of those i would sell the Ray34 and buy a cheap P or PJ.

Go one, have a sneaky play. She will never know.....unless she comes on here ;-)

I know what you mean about the sandbergs. Pretty plain and sightly ugly to my eyes but they do seem to offer everything i want.
The Sterling is definitely out now. I just dont want a skinny neck any more. Still up for a SR5 though. That would offer me narrower string spacing and the lower notes. If i got one of those i would sell the Ray34 and buy a cheap P or PJ.

Go one, have a sneaky play. She will never know.....unless she comes on here ;-)

Dave youll be happy to know I went for White/Tort/Rosewood/H+S on the Ray 5 order. I decided against Sunburst despite liking it. The white suits the curves of the Ray 5 really well.

I know what you mean, my first bass was black with a white scratchplate and now I dont like that combination hahah.

Now the wait starts....a long wait!

Let me know how you get on with the Group III flats and how they compare to the Chromes. Im getting strings with my Classic thrown in and its one of those two.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='822438' date='Apr 28 2010, 08:52 PM']I know what you mean about the sandbergs. Pretty plain and sightly ugly to my eyes but they do seem to offer everything i want.

Go one, have a sneaky play. She will never know.....unless she comes on here ;-)[/quote]

I would imagine the Sandburg is a bit like my ESP. Nothing special to look at but the most amazing tone and playability. I get the impression from Nick that his is like that and from other people's comments. Probably one of those basses that does not grab your attention in a shop but if you ever pick it up and play then you will be blown away by it.

Good choice of colour Gareth. White always looks good.

Im sure the next few moths will fly by.

Im sitting here playing the Ray34 now. The flats feel svery smooth. Its been about 9 months since i used Chromes so cant quite remember how they sounded but the GIII's do seem to have a bit more low end punch to them. I would say less in the way of musical overtones though. They sound a bit hollow but then im coming from 9 months of using nicks so they are bound to sound different.
The reason like Chromes was that they were quite bright, i would say these GIII's are a bit duller but still with plenty of top end. Then again, they are brand new so i guess i need to gig them a few times before they start to settle in.

They certainly make the bass easier to play. Ive also got the E string action down to just under 2mm. Coupled with the very smooth finish its now nice and fast.

[quote name='Linus27' post='822457' date='Apr 28 2010, 09:25 PM']I would imagine the Sandburg is a bit like my ESP. Nothing special to look at but the most amazing tone and playability. I get the impression from Nick that his is like that and from other people's comments. Probably one of those basses that does not grab your attention in a shop but if you ever pick it up and play then you will be blown away by it.[/quote]

Yeah, a bit like a P bass :-)

I loved the PM5 i played a few years ago, and while i dont regret getting a Lakland instead i always thought i would get a Sandberg one day.
I think im on a active bass trip at the moment and by all accounts the PM4 does active in a very passive sounding way.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='822462' date='Apr 28 2010, 09:29 PM']Yeah, a bit like a P bass :-)

I loved the PM5 i played a few years ago, and while i dont regret getting a Lakland instead i always thought i would get a Sandberg one day.
I think im on a active bass trip at the moment and by all accounts the PM4 does active in a very passive sounding way.[/quote]

[size=7][color="#FF0000"][b]WARWICK[/b][/color][/size]

Sorry, had to mention that one :)

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='822509' date='Apr 28 2010, 10:25 PM']You wont be saying that next year when we all have Sandbergs lol.[/quote]

Well, I'm over the moon with my Warwick. Plus my Stingray is great and my Fender Jazz is a great all rounder. However, in the back of my mind I know that there is a distinct possibility that you could be right. For once I actually fear the future :)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='823109' date='Apr 29 2010, 04:00 PM']BUMP. P's are so yesterday ;-)[/quote]

Yeah to right, the hot kids are all playing Warwick's now :lol: :lol: :lol: Come and smell the real flavour, join the party and get yourself a Warwick :):):rolleyes:

[quote name='Linus27' post='823138' date='Apr 29 2010, 04:29 PM']Yeah to right, the hot kids are all playing Warwick's now :lol: :lol: :lol: Come and smell the real flavour, join the party and get yourself a Warwick :):):rolleyes:[/quote]

I almost ordered a Warwick today but Toys are us are out of stock :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='828584' date='May 5 2010, 04:11 PM']Sold to the lovely man in Warwickshire.

Cheers Mark.[/quote]

And I'm absolutely loving it, Dave!

Thanks again - great bass, great seller :)