Why become a member? ×

CD text or not?

Jean-Luc Pickguard

I've just finished mixing & premastering the tracks for the new obviously 5 believers album (featuring not only a couple of my fenders and Ned Steinberger CR5M upright, but also my Ashbory). We're going to use mediasourcing for the manufacturing and they will make the glass master using the data on the master CD exactly as supplied.

When I burn audio CDs I get the option to include text info so the track titles etc are shown on the display of the CD player. I don't recall ever seeing a commercial CD that uses CD text - I guess older players might have a problem with text perhaps, so should I burn the master without text?

Any opinions on this or any tips for supplying a master for pressed CDs?

Shouldn't be any problem at all, a lot of the CDs on Sony's label used to have CD Text as standard so it was definitely used. I think the only non-computer player that could take advantage that I owned was a Sony MP3CD player, but I'm guessing it was mainly for car cd player use.

More importantly would be to get the disc registered on CDDB and equivalents in my opinion.

• 1 month later...