Why become a member? ×

FS: Tokai Thunderbird £180 + postage

neepheid

Here is a Korean Tokai Thunderbird for sale or trade. You know the score on these things - 34" scale, alder body, set maple neck, 2 humbuckers, volume, volume, passive tone.

I bought it for a joke to wind up our P bass loving (and everything else hating) guitarist. However, I was pleasantly surprised by its sound (good output, meaty, thick humbucker sound but with some pleasing mids) and the neck is nice and chunky, more P than J. Will take measurements later.

It's finished black top to toe. There are a few scuffs on the end of the headstock and some slight marking near the bridge where I guess it was sitting in an ill-suited stand. Balances about as well as can be expected from a reverse T-bird - about horizontal with a grippy suede-y strap.

Here are some pics (apologies for quality, they're on my phone):

Will come with a suitable gigbag. Calling this one at £180 + postage.

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='803878' date='Apr 12 2010, 04:26 PM']Can't believe you're selling this Matt. I've played it and it has extraordinary punch for a bass in this price range.[/quote]

Skinto man, house needs attention and I need curry/beer tokens for the bass bash :)