Why become a member? ×

Bass player mag April fool

arthurhenry

I think it was last year when for the first time I can recall, Bass player didn't run an April fool story. I thought they were making up for it with the current issue's cover, but I'm not sure. Is this Dethklok thing real? Then there's a new gear feature on an Ibanez with extra D and G strings on a fretless section of fingerboard. April fool alarm bells ring, but I can't imagine Ibanez wanting to be in on this. Then in the metal feature there's a player who claims to have come up with a 12 tone per whole step microtonal system, but his names not Alrip Folo. Hmmm confusing.

Edited by arthurhenry

The Dethklok thing is real. On the tour,Bryan Beller is the live bass player while the cartoon
band is playing on a big screen. Check them out- the live band is seriously good.
The Ibanez is also for real-I started a thread on it a month or so ago.

[quote name='arthurhenry' post='798060' date='Apr 6 2010, 08:25 PM']Then in the metal feature there's a player who claims to have come up with a 12 tone per whole step microtonal system[/quote]

If this is Jeroen Paul Thesseling then this is also true.

[url="http://www.jeroenthesseling.com/"]http://www.jeroenthesseling.com/[/url]

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='798638' date='Apr 7 2010, 01:13 PM']The ibanez bass is insane! What a weird idea. Maybe I'm a bit old school ... imagine if u sat in at a jam session and borrowed that! Agghhh
:-)[/quote]

It's not that weird.Doug Wilkes was making basses similar to that in the '80's-only his were 4
strings(fretted E and A,fretless D and G).

[quote name='Doddy' post='798668' date='Apr 7 2010, 01:38 PM']It's not that weird.Doug Wilkes was making basses similar to that in the '80's-only his were 4
strings(fretted E and A,fretless D and G).[/quote]

it's not the fretted/fretless bit, Ive owned a bass fretted until the 12th fret before. It's having the tuning: EADGDG : too much for me. .