Why become a member? ×

FS/FT EKO B4 acoustic fretless bass £100 ONO

Beedster

[quote name='pbass67' post='808549' date='Apr 16 2010, 04:05 PM']Thanks Chris and Dave

I'm so looking forward to this. I once saw one of these in a music shop and just plucked one string while it was still on the stand. Just that sounded amazing but I didn't dare pick it up as my GAS had reached epic proportions and I didn't have the funds at the time. Ever since, I've been on the lookout and here we are.
Dave, Thanks for the heads up on the strings. I've got a set of TI flats and the lemon oil at the ready, so I'll see how I get on with them.
As an aside, does anyone have for sale (or can recommend) a good pickup for this bass. I've heard good things about the K&K Pure Bass pickup but don't know much about this sort of thing.

Cheers Guys, Chris look forward to meeting you on the 2nd May.

Paul[/quote]

Nice one Paul, glad it's going to such an enthusiastic player. Payment received mate, many thanks for that. Look forward to seeing you on the 2nd May also.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='808571' date='Apr 16 2010, 04:18 PM']TI Flats will work well on this I think.[/quote]

Agreed, cheers Dave

• 1 year later...

Somewhat amazingly, I have another one of these for sale :) :)

I started playing DB last summer and thought back to how close my old EKO B4 had sounded to a DB, so picked another up for £150 on eBay earlier this year. I've used it for acoustic rehearsals and for working out DB parts on the sofa without getting the big guy downstairs! Having just picked up two fretlesses in a trade however, I think keeping this is a bit excessive, so once again, there's a B4 for sale for £100 collected :lol:

This one's apparently from 1984; it's in near perfect condition and has the original tapewound strings.

C

Aww man! How come I didn't see this earlier? :lol:

I've got two old and very well used Ekos. 12/6-string acoustic and an SG-style electric with an old Bigsby, Gibson p'ups and these ancient Ibanez tuners. Family guitars we all learnt on. Lots of love for Eko :)

If you happen to stumble across another one... :)

[quote name='Ben Jamin' post='1246437' date='May 26 2011, 11:19 PM']Aww man! How come I didn't see this earlier? :lol:

I've got two old and very well used Ekos. 12/6-string acoustic and an SG-style electric with an old Bigsby, Gibson p'ups and these ancient Ibanez tuners. Family guitars we all learnt on. Lots of love for Eko :)

If you happen to stumble across another one... :)

[/quote]

Love this.