Why become a member? ×

FS/FT EKO B4 acoustic fretless bass £100 ONO

Beedster

Bit of an odd one this.......

Bought from PhilW in September 2009, and never collected, largely because every time I tried to get to Phil's I got held up in traffic or meetings. And then he moved house!

Original thread is at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=60585&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=60585&hl=[/url]

Unfortunately I bought the bass for a specific project which has now nose-dived, so I think it makes more sense to offer it here than to spend even more money on petrol collecting it (anyone who drives an Alfa will know what I mean!). Phil has been a real good bloke about it and is happy for another BCer to collect from him in central Brighton.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT. Now in, or soon to be in, Canterbury. Collection from there or Berkhamsted (Herts), or delivery/meet-up somewhere convenient.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love the way this bass looks, especially the oval soundhole. I paid £150 but I think the sensible thing to do is offer it for £100 or something of similar value in trade/PX, especially as Phil is understandably keen to get rid of it now he has a rather more expensive replacement! I did my homework before buying this and they seem to be highly rated; similar fretted models have gone for around £150-175 on the 'bay in the past, although I've yet to see another fretless.

[attachment=46629:Eko_3.jpg]
[attachment=46628:Eko_2.jpg]
[attachment=46630:Eko_4.jpg]
[attachment=46631:Eko_5.jpg]
[attachment=46632:Eko_6.jpg]

Please don't contact Phil about the bass, if there's any questions I can't answer I'll drop him a line.

Cheers
Chris

Edited by Beedster

Guest BassKS

Beedster man,

What you up to? Hope youre well, sir.

Side dots? On frets or in the middle? Action? Or you have no idea as youve never played it. It would sort out a few cravings for me. An acoustic guitar, fretless bass, double bass. all for a hundred quid.

[quote name='BassKS' post='798103' date='Apr 6 2010, 08:55 PM']Beedster man,

Side dots? On frets or in the middle? Action? Or you have no idea as youve never played it. It would sort out a few cravings for me. An acoustic guitar, fretless bass, double bass. all for a hundred quid.[/quote]

Actually I've no problem at all with answering questions...

Side dots are on fret positions and the action is relatively high but still very comfortably playable. It kind of has to be high(ish) on an acoustic bass. Too low and you can't "dig-in" and get any volume.

Phil

[quote name='BassKS' post='798103' date='Apr 6 2010, 09:55 PM']Beedster man,

Side dots? On frets or in the middle? Action? Or you have no idea as youve never played it. It would sort out a few cravings for me. An acoustic guitar, fretless bass, double bass. all for a hundred quid.[/quote]

Hiya mate, I'm good thanks, hope the same's true for you. Looks like Phil's answered your questions below.....

[quote name='philw' post='798281' date='Apr 7 2010, 06:37 AM']Actually I've no problem at all with answering questions...

Side dots are on fret positions and the action is relatively high but still very comfortably playable. It kind of has to be high(ish) on an acoustic bass. Too low and you can't "dig-in" and get any volume.

Phil[/quote]

Cheers Phil, appreciate your response.

Folks, if you're interested in this bass, please hit me with either cash or trade offers as I think it's been living rent-free at Phil's for too long! Please remember that you will need to collect from Brighton, if I had the time to get down there and collect it myself I'd be keeping it!

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='philw' post='802412' date='Apr 11 2010, 10:42 AM']And a Sunday bump from me.

P[/quote]

Thanks Phil

Right folks, I think it's time to get serious here. All offers considered, doesn't even have to be bass-related (please, no girlfriends, got into a lot of trouble last time I accepted one of those as PX for a bass). Anything music related is likely to get my interest, seriously - band gear (could use a small 2x10), HiFi gear, instruments? Other stuff? Well, my GF wants a puppy so one of those would do! I'd like a decent leather jacket to pose around in on stage, or a decent pair of Ray-Ban Aviators? The list is potentially endless. The only proviso is that you will have to be able to post it to me, or at least meet me somewhere convenient (that's NOT Brighton by the way!). So come on, hit me with you offers below (not by PM, let';s share the humour with the rest of BC). Might have to set up a poll to see which of the most stupid offers I should take!

But please hurry up before Phil starts charging me rent!

Cheers

Chris

PS I will take GFs, but this time will need a photo first.

Chris

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='802699' date='Apr 11 2010, 03:42 PM']I might be down that way this week if I am I'll pick it up for you.[/quote]

Hi Wayne

That's really kind of you mate, thanks. I think the right thing to do is to take it off Phil's hands, so if it's easy for you to do so, I'd really appreciate it and there'll be a beer or two in it for you (although IIRC you don't drink so some Smarties or similar :) ).

Having said that, I still have no need for this bass, so all of the above trade options (gear, puppies, girlfriends) still apply folks!

Chris

Cheers Wayne, greatly appreciated mate.

If it does come back to Canterbury it's probably going straight onto eBay at £150 folks (gotta pay Wayne his commission after all), so get your offers in quick now :)

Chris

Hi Chris

Love the look of that EKO but live light years away in N Wales. If you were to consider postin I have various bits to trade including a Crate 2x10, Zoom FX unit, SX SRV strat, Old leather jacket (small), Old smelly Labrador (big!) and various other bits n pieces.

Cheers Paul

[quote name='pbass67' post='803495' date='Apr 12 2010, 10:48 AM']Hi Chris

Love the look of that EKO but live light years away in N Wales. If you were to consider postin I have various bits to trade including a Crate 2x10, Zoom FX unit, SX SRV strat, Old leather jacket (small), Old smelly Labrador (big!) and various other bits n pieces.

Cheers Paul[/quote]

Hiya Paul
Thanks for the message. Postage probably isn't an option as there's no hard case I'm afraid. If that changes, I'll get back to you. Mrs Beedster v. excited about the Lab! I have your number
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='dudewheresmybass89' post='803691' date='Apr 12 2010, 01:32 PM']I'm next door to brighton, I don't know how much it would cost to post my leather jacket, but perhaps that and a bit of money?

this bass is niiiiice![/quote]

So what sort of jacket are we talking (pics) and how much cash :)

C

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='804052' date='Apr 12 2010, 07:47 PM']Just been told I'm in Manchester tomorrow which is a bit out of the way but I may be down there later in the week if I am I'll pick it up and drop it off, I think I owe you at least 2, Chris.[/quote]

Hiya mate
Many thanks but now sorted. Catch you soon no doubt

Bass is now, or will soon be, in CANTERBURY. It can be collected from there or BERKHAMSTED (Herts). I can also deliver/meet around the M25/home counties

Chris

[quote name='pbass67' post='806398' date='Apr 14 2010, 07:18 PM']Hey Chris

Berkhamsted sounds good. I got a gig in Oxford on the 2nd May. Are you ok to wait those couple weeks cos I really want this bass. Can sort out payment as soon as you like.

Cheers Paul[/quote]
Paul,

I take it you're the buyer. This is a bargain.

I'm in possession of this bass as courier between Phil and Chris and you're lucky I'm unable to keep it in my own collection.

It's in need of a dust, some lemon oil on the fingerboard, and new strings (I'd say La Bella black nylons or Rotosound Trubass - a set of which I have for sale [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=84370"]here[/url]) [now sold] but it's got a great retro look and seems loud - I think the trapeze tailpiece must help with that.

Enjoy.

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='806907' date='Apr 15 2010, 10:29 AM']Paul,

I take it your the buyer. This is a bargain.

I'm in possession of this bass as courier between Phil and Chris and you're lucky I'm unable to keep it in my own collection.

It's in need of a dust, some lemon oil on the fingerboard, and new strings (I'd say La Bella black nylons or Rotosound Trubass - a set of which I have for sale [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=84370"]here[/url]) but it's got a great retro look and seems loud - I think the trapeze talipiece must help with that.

Enjoy.[/quote]

Damn, now I want to keep it :)

Cheers Dave

Chris

Thanks Chris and Dave

I'm so looking forward to this. I once saw one of these in a music shop and just plucked one string while it was still on the stand. Just that sounded amazing but I didn't dare pick it up as my GAS had reached epic proportions and I didn't have the funds at the time. Ever since, I've been on the lookout and here we are.
Dave, Thanks for the heads up on the strings. I've got a set of TI flats and the lemon oil at the ready, so I'll see how I get on with them.
As an aside, does anyone have for sale (or can recommend) a good pickup for this bass. I've heard good things about the K&K Pure Bass pickup but don't know much about this sort of thing.

Cheers Guys, Chris look forward to meeting you on the 2nd May.

Paul