Why become a member? ×

Best online courier for shipping basses

Musicman20

[quote name='farmer61' post='793401' date='Apr 1 2010, 03:25 PM']I use this lot, not probs to both UK and mainland Europe

[url="http://www.interparcel.com/quote/courier-quote2.php"]Interparcel[/url]

Seem reasonably cheap as well.[/quote]

Me too, I always use them and I've never had a problem.

Just used UPS with no probs. Cost about £45 to ship from South Yorks to London (inc. insurance on a £1500 bass). Found it easier to call in at their local depo rather than on line. Most couriers have very limited cover on musical instruments and thats what swung it for me in the end.

Parcelforce are pretty useless when it comes to thigns from abroad (they take over from USPS once the parcel leaves customs) they seem to mispalce stuff alot. never had a problem with them within the UK.

And I don't think Interparcel is a courier service as such, they forward your parcels to other actual courier companys who do the actualy delivery. UPS seems to be the one they use most but sometimes others. I don't know if it's cheaper/more expensive throuhg them but i imagine the parcel changes hands more so has more chance of being dropped or damaged , saying that i've never received anything actually broken from them.

[quote name='hellothere' post='793779' date='Apr 1 2010, 09:58 PM']And I don't think Interparcel is a courier service as such, they forward your parcels to other actual courier companys who do the actualy delivery.[/quote]
Mmmm, sort of. They're more of a broker. You give them the shipment details (number of packages, weight and dimensions) and they give you a bunch of quotes. They then book the shipment on your behalf with the courier company whose quote you choose. So if you choose one of the UPS options, it gets picked up by UPS and delivered by UPS. Just like if you'd sent it yourself via UPS, but cheaper because Interparcel deal in such large volumes that they get big bulk discounts. So the parcel doesn't go through any extra hands.

I use Interparcel's UPS services all the time (and note that their "own-brand" options are the UPS ones: "Interparcel Economy" is particularly good value), and I've never had a problem. But as with all courier/delivery services, the service you receive is largely dependent on the attitude of the individual doing the pick-up and the individual doing the delivery. Round our way, we've got an absolutely top-notch UPS driver, so I'm happy with that. On the opposite side of the coin, I'd never send anything from Tynedale using the APC driver. As the Bass Doc would say... what a fathead.