Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Takamine B10 fretless Acoustic Bass / Upright Electric

Sercet

This is a Takamine B10 bass that you can play "horizontally" on your lap, or use the supplied endpin to stand it up and play upright. This is a big bodied bass with a curved ebony fingerboard and 34" scale. It has a comprehensive preamp with volume, bass, middle, treble, advanced EQ, fedback eliminator and reverb. It has a built in tuner and you can save your settings. This is a big, beautiful bass with the biggest hard case you ever did see. This sounds more like a double bass than any other acousticbass guitar or upright electric I have ever played.

Offers around £900?

Steve

Edited by Sercet

• 2 weeks later...

Free bump!

I have 2 of those! The first one had an accident, I couldn't wait for the repair and had to get another one! None is for sale though, I am happy not having to carry this huge case in the night train anymore...

It kinds of fills the gap between electric bass and upright, but in a quite different way than my Godin A5 fretless does, both physically and sonically.

Vincent.

PS: you can also get the Rotos TRU BASS in extended lenght to avoid having the golden silk over the fretboard: RS 88EL (XL)

• 2 months later...

I've had some interest in this, but not enough interest for anyone to hand over money.

Any advice? Do I need to reduce the price a little? Put it on ebay? Take it to the March "bash"? Put it back in the case and forget about it?

Thanks

Steve

I thnk everyone's short on cash - costs are rising, economic doom and gloom all around and no one seems to be making any more money? Well, I'm certainly not.....

Just decide whether you've got a use for it or not...and what else you could do with the money? That's the situation I've got with the Martin ABG. Its a great instrument, lovely to have in the house but limited uses for gigging and recording so it doesn't fit my (not strictly enforced!) "earn their keep" rule. If I didn't also play upright it might be different I suppose, but people I work with want to hear upright, not ABG.

Choices...choices

BB