Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Fender Precision American Vintage '62 Re-issue

tombboy

I got this in a straight trade about three months ago and I have persevered with it as I love the looks and tone!. Sadly, I just cannot get on with the vintage neck width at the nut (44.5mm) so this bass has to go.

Absolutely PRISTINE example of Fender's supreme re-issue bass. Only custom shop models and a few signature ones carry a heavier RRP than this.... and it shows in it's quality in every way.

This bass really is in showroom condition and comes with the original Fender case and all the accesories, including the unused and unfitted ashtray and pickup cover. Even got the sealed samples of polish and cloth!!!

The tone is classic precision and for a passive bass, it has more output strength than all my active basses!!

More info, including all specs can be found [url="http://www.fender.com/uk/products/search.php?partno=0190116800"]here on Fender's website.[/url]

Cash price will be £900 + P&P
Trade wise.... interested in Sandberg P's & J's, Ric's.... I dunno.... show me what you got!

Edited by tombboy

OK, some really nice trade offers for this, some I've turned down even though they were lovely basses, just not my cup of tea. I have three beautiful trade offers on the table which I'm giving some serious thought to...... damn you lot for the varying temptation!!!
Also waiting for some addresses for shipping outside the UK for a cash sale. Those who have asked, can you PM me your addresses so I can get a quote? Ta.

Still inviting cash offers (no, it's NOT an auction.... the price is there for all to see!) and quality trades, but I'll make my mind up in a couple of days. Of course, if anyone has a MM 25th Anniversary and they can't get on with it......... :)

[quote name='tombboy' post='791928' date='Mar 31 2010, 02:12 PM']OK, some really nice trade offers for this, some I've turned down even though they were lovely basses, just not my cup of tea. I have three beautiful trade offers on the table which I'm giving some serious thought to...... damn you lot for the varying temptation!!!
Also waiting for some addresses for shipping outside the UK for a cash sale. Those who have asked, can you PM me your addresses so I can get a quote? Ta.

Still inviting cash offers (no, it's NOT an auction.... the price is there for all to see!) and quality trades, but I'll make my mind up in a couple of days. Of course, if anyone has a MM 25th Anniversary and they can't get on with it......... :)[/quote]

An unusual proposal..........how about my NYC Pedal Board, EBS Microbass 11, EBS Chorus, EBS Octabass, EBS Dynaverb, EBS MultiDrive all patch cables and a power supply plus a sum of cash from me to be agreed between us?

My pedals are up for sale with pics in the Effects section of BC

John

• 2 weeks later...

OK folks, with apologies for hijacking Jamie's thread, this is available again. I traded my '81 Precision Special for it last week, but having spent most of the weekend A-Bing it against my '64 Precision, realised not only that they are pretty much identical in nearly every way (except price), but that I keep buying basses as 'back-up' to my '64 and as a result am never playing the '64. So, I've had a chat with John East who's going to install a P-Retro into the '64, and I'm going to stick to that bass as my main gigger with my '73 fretless as back-up.

The '81 cost me about £900 in total so I see this bass as being worth that to me. However, I'm prepared to consider serious cash offers as I am, to an extent, coming out of this better off given that I'm reducing my total number of basses. All case/case candy included of course. It's currently wearing a black pickguard which gives it a far more 70's feel, the original will also be included.

Collection from Canterbury or Berkhamsted, delivery/meeting by prior agreement, or courier at buyer's expense

Apologies for using Jamie's thread but I'm having to use a mobile broadband thingy this week and it's like going back to 1995 internet speed!

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Beedster

So..... who won the sweepstake on the amount of days Beedster would keep this bass then? :)

Anyone buying this will not be dissapointed. A gem in every way. The only reason I moved it on was because of the 44.5mm width of the neck and my ickle fingers!!

[quote name='Beedster' post='804762' date='Apr 13 2010, 12:22 PM']OK folks, with apologies for hijacking Jamie's thread, this is available again. I traded my '81 Precision Special for it last week, but having spent most of the weekend A-Bing it against my '64 Precision, realised not only that they are pretty much identical in nearly every way (except price), but that I keep buying basses as 'back-up' to my '64 and as a result am never playing the '64. So, I've had a chat with John East who's going to install a P-Retro into the '64, and I'm going to stick to that bass as my main gigger with my '73 fretless as back-up.

The '81 cost me about £900 in total so I see this bass as being worth that to me. However, I'm prepared to consider serious cash offers as I am, to an extent, coming out of this better off given that I'm reducing my total number of basses. All case/case candy included of course. It's currently wearing a black pickguard which gives it a far more 70's feel, the original will also be included.

Collection from Canterbury or Berkhamsted, delivery/meeting by prior agreement, or courier at buyer's expense

Apologies for using Jamie's thread but I'm having to use a mobile broadband thingy this week and it's like going back to 1995 internet speed!

Cheers

Chris[/quote]
Er ... Chris ... you have a PM.

There has been some confusion as a result of Chris bumping this thread in an effort to move the '62 on (no big deal on my part).

Can I just make it clear that I no longer own this bass. I traded with Chris a couple of weeks ago and he has since decided to move it on for reasons clearly explained by him in this thread.

I have been offered a gorgeous trade for it too via PM!!! :)

[quote name='tombboy' post='806693' date='Apr 14 2010, 11:19 PM']There has been some confusion as a result of Chris bumping this thread in an effort to move the '62 on (no big deal on my part).

Can I just make it clear that I no longer own this bass. I traded with Chris a couple of weeks ago and he has since decided to move it on for reasons clearly explained by him in this thread.

I have been offered a gorgeous trade for it too via PM!!! :)[/quote]
... and what was the gorgeous trade?