Why become a member? ×

EA iamp Doubler almost new - Sold

Mr Bassman

Just bought this amazing little amp off Walbassist a week and a half ago to try blending a mic & pickup, but I've decided to stick with just a transducer so I don't need the sophistication that this has on offer.

[attachment=45990:doubler_front.jpg]
[attachment=45991:doubler_back.jpg]
[attachment=45992:doubler_top.jpg]
(pics by kind permission of Walbassist)

Weighs just 1.2kg (2lb 10oz).

Full details on the EA website [url="http://www.eaamps.com/index.php?p=doubler&m=products"]here[/url], and a copy of the manual is [url="http://www.gollihurmusic.com/pdfs/manuals/goll_micro_doubler_manual.pdf"]here[/url].

I was going to buy a new one two weeks ago for £599 but they were out of stock.
It's as good as new, I paid £505 posted for it and would like £500 back (posted) to keep Mrs Bassman happy.

cheers

Edited by Mr Bassman

[quote name='Mr Bassman' date='Mar 29 2010, 02:26 PM' post='789414']
Just bought this amazing little amp off Walbassist a week and a half ago to try blending a mic & pickup, but I've decided to stick with just a transducer so I don't need the sophistication that this has on offer.

Could sell one or two EA Wizzy 10's both in perfect condition for the ultimate lightweight rig.

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='790604' date='Mar 30 2010, 02:07 PM']Keith is a great bassist who really looks after his gear. If I had the cash I would go for this!
Good luck with the sale mate :-)
cheers geoff[/quote]

Thanks Geoff,

maybe see you at the weekend then?

These are lovely heads and Keith is a top guy to deal with. I only moved mine on as I decided to "rack up" to a Demeter preamp and separate power amp.

Very clean, clear head, but with a little more "hair" than the bigger EA heads; great for upright, acoustic, fretless etc. And it really is silly small and light!

Cheers

Gareth

[quote name='steviedee' post='792294' date='Mar 31 2010, 06:53 PM']So I could run this into a 4X10 at 4 ohms a side?[/quote]

this is from Mike Dimin, head of marketing EA amps

"The Doubler does, indeed, handle a 2 ohm load. Our cabs are either 4 or 8 ohms depending on the cab. A doubler can handle two 4 ohm cabs"