Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FS Brand new Ampeg Mini rig SOLD

Beedster

Bought new in February. Great little rig which I and my originals band love. Unfortunately however a new (and LOUD) covers band, and therefore a new Mesa 600w head and incoming monster cab, means I simply no longer have the space or the need for these (my Mesa 300w and one Bag End SD15 will now have to do the small gigs and rehearsals). I also need some cash pretty sharpish to pay for the above!

The head and one of the cabs have been gigged four or five times, the other cab gigged once. They are all in pristine condition. I was lucky and got them at 2009 prices from AMS in Poole which means the whole rig came in at just under £800. At the prices they're coming in at now the rig would cost close to £1000.

All three are in original boxes with all warranties etc. I'll eBay these on Monday evening if no interest here, but for the time being how does £200 each unit or £500 for the lot sound? Note that POSTAGE IS NOT INCLUDED in this price, although these are light units so it shouldn't be too expensive. To be honest, I'd prefer collection from Canterbury (Kent) or Berkhamsted (Herts). Meet-up somewhere mutually convenient is always an option also (I'm rehearsing in Surrey a lot at present).

See my review at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=75821&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=75821&hl=[/url]

See reviews on TB at [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542378&highlight="]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.p...&highlight=[/url]

Pic (excuse the vintage Fenders). Note that in this configuration this is a slightly mid-heavy rig (but still a very Ampeg tone). Side by side on the floor brings out the bass and provides more of a scoop. Run a Tech 21 VT box through it and you're back in the 70's but with about 20% of the weight!

Edited by Beedster

Should add that the amp is rated 200w into 4 ohms (word is it's about 150w into 8ohms), the cabs are both 8ohm and rated at 200w. There was some confusion in the early days of these heads (about a year ago) when some sources stated 150w/4ohm and others 200w/4ohm. They're the latter.

Chris

[quote name='Tee' post='787929' date='Mar 27 2010, 03:30 PM']I had a feeeling these would be up for sale at some point ^_^ . I'm in the market for something small like this, but still deciding. Pretty sure it'll go quick.[/quote]

Fair enough point given my gear history I guess :) Ebay Monday so be quick. At £500 you are getting a saving on the Micro rig PLUS a free 2x10 :rolleyes:

Ive been seriously thinking about these as im an Ampeg perv but really need a pre instead... looks lovely Beeds... good luck with the sale!

(I am loving the P on the far left as well, lovely colour with proper MOJO.)

[quote name='Stag' post='788560' date='Mar 28 2010, 03:19 PM'](I am loving the P on the far left as well, lovely colour with proper MOJO.)[/quote]

Lovely isn't it! Just returned it to passive and love it. If it had a C-neck I'd be perfectly happy with it!

C

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='790274' date='Mar 30 2010, 09:25 AM']How is this not gone???

HOW?

Don't be foolish people what a deal!

Bump on me![/quote]

[quote name='andy67' post='790992' date='Mar 30 2010, 07:46 PM']Somebody please, please buy this!

It's causing me severe stress and depression......

andy[/quote]

LOL, must admit, given that everywhere I tried to but them in early Feb had sold out, I assumed these would fly out also! I think folks are rightly a little put off buy the apparent tweeness of them, but they really do have to be heard to be believed (check out all the guys on TB who've got the head and two cabs). OK, as I've said elsewhere, it's not a huge sound, but even with one cab, it keeps up with drums and is more than enough for rehearsals and small gigs. Two cabs and you can get some power. They really do have that Ampeg tone also, not quite the valvey warmth of their big brothers, but certainly much closer to a true big rig tone than you get with most units of this size and price.
Sorry about your stress and depression Andy!
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='791974' date='Mar 31 2010, 02:42 PM']LOL, must admit, given that everywhere I tried to but them in early Feb had sold out, I assumed these would fly out also! I think folks are rightly a little put off buy the apparent tweeness of them, but they really do have to be heard to be believed (check out all the guys on TB who've got the head and two cabs). OK, as I've said elsewhere, it's not a huge sound, but even with one cab, it keeps up with drums and is more than enough for rehearsals and small gigs. Two cabs and you can get some power. They really do have that Ampeg tone also, not quite the valvey warmth of their big brothers, but certainly much closer to a true big rig tone than you get with most units of this size and price.
Sorry about your stress and depression Andy!
Chris[/quote]

Unfortunately, my eyes are biggger than my pocket change at the mo!!

Wish I could they are great!

andy

[quote name='Beedster' post='794466' date='Apr 2 2010, 05:15 PM']Sold. Thanks for the interest folks, sorry to those of you who were waiting on other deals to go through before you could pay for this!
C[/quote]

Hurrah!!! :rolleyes:

:)