Why become a member? ×

Effects to augment acoustic bass

karlthebassist

My pedalboard is currently

Bass > TU-2 > DD-6 Digital Delay > MT-2 Metal Zone Distortion > Amp

and I rarely even use the DD-6, and when I do, it's usually on acoustic 6-string. I also have an Akai Headrush 2, which I just use for playing about at home - so is irrelivant.

My main interest these days, from a creative side, is playing with my indi/folk band and I have plenty of oportunity to play some pretty melodic lines and maybe one or two bass solos.

So I'm thinking of maybe getting a reverb. I do really like the sound of the EH Holy Grail on bass, and it would be awesome on my acoustic guitar too. I notice they do a nano version. Is this any different to the normal one? Or is is just smaller? I understand the nano pedals use the 9VDC center -ve power supplies too. Sounds like a bonus.

Other things that grab my attention would be a chorus pedal (don't know which one), althougth I don't really know how usefull it would be. And an octave generator which would allow me to add octaves to simulate an 8 string bass, or add depth. Micro POG maybe?

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of pedals that I could use for acoustic bass that would augment my sound in an interesting but tasteful way?

• 2 weeks later...

There is nothing like a [url="http://www.nitewalkerpreamp.com"]nitewalker[/url][quote name='karlthebassist' post='785121' date='Mar 24 2010, 01:45 PM'].
My pedalboard is currently

Bass > TU-2 > DD-6 Digital Delay > MT-2 Metal Zone Distortion > Amp

and I rarely even use the DD-6, and when I do, it's usually on acoustic 6-string. I also have an Akai Headrush 2, which I just use for playing about at home - so is irrelivant.

My main interest these days, from a creative side, is playing with my indi/folk band and I have plenty of oportunity to play some pretty melodic lines and maybe one or two bass solos.

So I'm thinking of maybe getting a reverb. I do really like the sound of the EH Holy Grail on bass, and it would be awesome on my acoustic guitar too. I notice they do a nano version. Is this any different to the normal one? Or is is just smaller? I understand the nano pedals use the 9VDC center -ve power supplies too. Sounds like a bonus.

Other things that grab my attention would be a chorus pedal (don't know which one), althougth I don't really know how usefull it would be. And an octave generator which would allow me to add octaves to simulate an 8 string bass, or add depth. Micro POG maybe?

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of pedals that I could use for acoustic bass that would augment my sound in an interesting but tasteful way?[/quote]

[quote name='nbtone' post='800173' date='Apr 8 2010, 08:33 PM']There is nothing like a [url="http://www.nitewalkerpreamp.com"]nitewalker[/url][/quote]

Did you register here just to provide us with links to your product?

And OK you have piqued my interest: Is it made out of unicorn sh*t or something? I'm trying to understand the price and failing.

unicorn sh*t - not a bad guess!!

The only effect i've ever used on acoustic bass was distortion. All sorts of distortion. It sounds amazing with a bit of blend, because the attack you get from an acoustic bass is like a slap in the face.