Why become a member? ×

Bits and Roberts for sale.

Fender Precision Lyte P-J pickups and circuit £50.00
Fender Mex 5-string chrome bridge - 75mm overall string spacing £20.00
Rotosound Tru-bass for EXTRA long scale, new in pack £18.00
Rotosound Tru-bass for MEDIUM scale, new in pack £15.00
Hipshot machines - Pre-CBS type - Reverse turning, set comprising 3 standard + 1 D-tuner - SOLD.
Black Gotoh reverse-turning machines £45.00
'51 single coil Precision pickup (re-wound to 6.4k, close to original specs) £20.00
'51 single coil Precision pickup (re-wound to 9.5k, hotter) £20.00

Edited by The Bass Doc

[quote name='Beedster' post='783312' date='Mar 23 2010, 12:40 PM']Hiya mate
Wanna swap any of the above for their equivalent in gold (gold parts from my '81 Special that is, not gold per se)?
C[/quote]

Just trying to sell at the moment - anything in particular you would like? (I do have other spares).

H.

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='783322' date='Mar 23 2010, 12:44 PM']Just trying to sell at the moment - anything in particular you would like? (I do have other spares).

H.[/quote]

Badass and hipshots Howard. What other stuff do you have at Bass Doc Inc. at present? I want to go chrome on my '81, just don't get on with gold..

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='783339' date='Mar 23 2010, 12:51 PM']Badass now gone unfortunately Chris.

Pre-CBS type bridge is recommended (and keeps it light!). Hipshots available but bear in mind they usually only fit 3 out of 4 of the existing holes compared to Fender/Schallers.[/quote]

OK, no worries then Howard, thanks anyway, looks like it'll be staying gold a while longer!

Cheers

Chris

They were my second choice. What finish are they and what money are we talking?

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='784711' date='Mar 24 2010, 02:02 PM']Nickel plated HB3s - sounds like you need the HB1s (smaller backplate). I do have some Schaller BMLs which look to be that size if you would be interested.[/quote]

Have you got both then? If you have a matching D-tuner I'll take it also if the price is right, but if not I'll add one in the future.
How much?

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='784730' date='Mar 24 2010, 02:25 PM']Schaller BMLs are also nickel - were you particularly interested in a set that would include a D-tuner or just the straight set?[/quote]

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='783223' date='Mar 23 2010, 12:37 PM']Chrome Badass ll, used but GC ----- SOLD.
Fender 70s re-issue bridge £20.00
Fender 60s re-issue bridge £20.00
USA Jazz pickups, £45 the pair.
Fender Mex Jazz pickups -----SOLD.
Rotosound Steve Harris set of strings, new in pack -----SOLD.
Hipshot machines - Pre-CBS type - Reverse turning, set comprising 3 standard + 1 D-tuner £50.00
'51 single coil Precision pickup (re-wound to 6.4k, close to original specs) £20.00
'51 single coil Precision pickup (re-wound to 9.5k, hotter) £20.00[/quote]

you have a PM..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='783223' date='Mar 23 2010, 12:37 PM']Fender Precision Lyte P-J pickups and circuit £50.00
Fender 60s re-issue bridge £20.00
Hipshot machines - Pre-CBS type - Reverse turning, set comprising 3 standard + 1 D-tuner £50.00
'51 single coil Precision pickup (re-wound to 9.5k, hotter) £20.00[/quote]

Hiya Howard
Think I may have asked before, but are the Hipshot machines direct replacement for Fender? If so, and you still have them, I'll take them.
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='817439' date='Apr 24 2010, 07:16 PM']Chris,

The Hipshots are direct replacements for pre-CBS types only - you know, the sort of bass some twits think is appropriate to have if it's their birth month/year.

Sad really, isn't it? :)

Uncle Horrid.[/quote]

Cheers Howard, what's the main difference? It's not a valuable neck so I'm happy to reposition screw holes if needs be. If the posts are too wide or narrow, I guess that's a different story?

Cheers

C

PS twits indeed!