Why become a member? ×

Fender Deluxe Jazz

BarnacleBob

Have been offered a Fender Deluxe Jazz - but not one like I've seen before - it has a Quilted maple cap, is active (18V?), blocks, binding, 4 controls (1 stacked) not sure of year and is nice and light and in mint condition - reminds me of a Victor Bailey (but that has dots and no binding)
They are asking £900 is that good or bad or whatever? Looking for something Jazzy to replace my Blade B3 which is unbeleivably heavy.

Cheers

BB

Edited by BarnacleBob

If it has 24 frets it is possibly a Mexican Jazz 24 QMT which were released a few years back. Should be a nice bass, but £900 sounds quite high to me as they were a lot less than that new. Of course it may be something else and I could be wrong!

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='780645' date='Mar 20 2010, 11:38 AM']It is USA and 22 frets(99% sure)

BB[/quote]

With blocks and binding it's going to be a Deluxe QMT, similar to this:
[url="http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/preowned_guitars_detail.asp?stock=px-NE15RS37"]http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/preowned_gui...ock=px-NE15RS37[/url]

Lovely basses, my friend has one.

[attachment=45419:P1010630.JPG]It sounds like an American Deluxe Jazz Bass FMT, comes in Flamed or Quilt maple tops 18v active & is if so certainly worth £900 smackers. They will have Vintage Noiseless pups if its a 02-04 or will have the SCN pups if its 04 onwards. I have an 02 (picture atatched) & its light, looks stunning, plays like no other Jazz with loads of tonal variation & has overtaken my 96 Custom Shop American Delux Jazz as my main gigging instrament. I notice that Fender are just introducing a new range of American Deluxe basses with yet again an upgrade to N3 pups & new pre amp whatever these are.

[quote name='Mokl' post='780643' date='Mar 20 2010, 11:36 AM']If it has 24 frets it is possibly a Mexican Jazz 24 QMT which were released a few years back. Should be a nice bass, but £900 sounds quite high to me as they were a lot less than that new. Of course it may be something else and I could be wrong![/quote]

Think that one was actually made in Korea.
Came in Quilted Tobacco (4 or 5 string) and flat black
They also had Duncan Basslines pups

This one sounds like an American Deluxe Jazz FMT
900 is a little steep for a second hand one, though I have seen a few go for close to that.
I would be more likely to go for one around the 650-800 mark