Why become a member? ×

-

Jus Lukin

The SFT is a great pedal. It will open up some new tonal options and add tube bounce, some hair or a decent lump of dirt as you require:-) I've had one but had to shift it again due to needing a passport renewed last minute. I'd defo get one again should the finances see fit.

[quote name='krispn' post='811149' date='Apr 19 2010, 11:07 AM']The SFT is a great pedal. It will open up some new tonal options and add tube bounce, some hair or a decent lump of dirt as you require:-) I've had one but had to shift it again due to needing a passport renewed last minute. I'd defo get one again should the finances see fit.[/quote]

thanks for the affirmation on the SFT

just waiting for air transport to sort itself out now and hopefully a little discount through one of our BC brothers before ordering one up from other side of the pond.

Sorry, Andyingram, I've run out of witty huntin' 'n' fishin puns!

Edited by Bassnut62

• 2 weeks later...

mine just arrived last week too and what a tasty pedal the SFT is.
As you say, it oes exactly what all the reviews said - tube bounce, subtle hair or full dirt, very EQable, a lot like an Ampeg fliptop or at higher gain settings like a big Ampeg valve head with loads of punch.
I've even been using it for recording direct into board - didn't bother taking my Bassman amp/cab.
It is nicer thru the Bassman; but sitting in a recording I really don't think anyone would know that I wasn't using a nice tube amp.
this pedal is very much worth the money IMO

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='780045' date='Mar 19 2010, 07:41 PM']i built my own SFT clone- its amazing. I've no idea what the others are but a +1 for a SFT (or approximation of one)[/quote]

Can you judge how close the clone sounds to the original SFT pedal?

Since the Catalinbread SFT ranks very high on my GAS-list i´m also
considering building my own clone cause i like the idea building your
own thing and save some money.
So which layout did you use for the clone? That one from "madbean"
on freestompboxes.org?

Cheers & thanks