Why become a member? ×

Squier (Fender) Jazz bass - made in Korea

mogli66

Hey Guys

I was wondering if anyone was an expert on knowing about Squier (Fender) Jazz basses?

I was wondering what year it was made and what its worth would be? Considering selling it or trading it for something else if the right deal comes up.

It was made in Korea - Serial number - S 1020878

It has been defretted. not originally fretless.

If you can tell me anymore information on this bass it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance

Mogli

I just bought a Squier fretless jazz. Serial no. s/n ic070942951. I'm led to believe it's about 18 months old (that's when the original owner purchased it new). It's mint condition, not a mark or blemish on it. I paid £150. It was advertised at £170 with a gig bag but a deal was done for the bass only. It plays beautifully and I have my fingers and toes crossed that I didn't pay too much. The bridge looks quite cheap so I was wondering if it's worth investing in a better bridge to improve tone and sustain or do you guys reckon it's a waste of money on a guitar in this price range?

Should have said it's a vintage modified fretless. Don't know if that affects value or not.

Edited by edster