Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010 costings

essexbasscat

Ok folks

The topic of venue cost has been raised, so I've put a vote table at the top of the page. Please indicate if you are prepared to pay or not by voting accordingly. This way, we will all be able to see if the venue cost can be covered, in theory.

We've got to decide these things to make this happen folks. In this place, your votes really do count, so vote vote vote.

It's your bash B.C., so let's hear from you.

T

PS I've opened up this thread to enable a vote to take place on cost, as apparently, you can't vote on two topics on the same thread, if I'm reading this correctly.

T

:)

Edited by essexbasscat

Just to check, when you say contribute do you mean in the form of buying a ticket or just a donation?

(i'm gonna vote yes either way cause it seems like a great opportunity to vote fellow basschatters however i was just wondering)

Thanks
Ashok

(that's if there is any answer to that question)

[quote name='Netballman' post='777454' date='Mar 17 2010, 02:40 PM']I wonder if we're actually underestimating the number of people who might turn up? Seems to me there should be many in London who might be interested, but who might well not either (a) be aware or (:) decide until we have a ddefinite time and place?

That said of course we have to know how we're going to cover any cost - or possible shortfall should there be one!

I still reckon though if nearly 100 turned out for the SE do, we ought to very easily get far more than 20![/quote]
For myself, as mentioned previously, it still comes down to whatever day the Bash ends up on and whether or not I'm gigging. Gigs can mainly be on a Fri/Sat/Sun so I won't say which day I prefer. In that respect, I don't mind. If a gig should fall on the same day as the Bash, I'll still try and make it along but it will depend on the type of gig and how far away I am.
As far as payment goes, of course there should be a charge. The SEBB was £10, which seemed fair to me.
Is there going to be a raffle? If so, you might want to start a thread for contributions?

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='779030' date='Mar 18 2010, 07:28 PM']Hmm raffle. I'll ask someone about that one and see if they're still up for helping out

get back to you all on this one

T[/quote]
At the SE Bash it was a £10 donation towards the cost of the venue and any excess went to charidee - I forget quite how much we made in the end.

The raffle was a selection of items donated by members plus a combo & some sets of strings very kindly put up by HartkeUK and a few subs to BGM - we even had a photo and short note in the BGM News section.

Perhaps PM Silverfoxnik for ideas as he was one of the driving forces behind the SEBB (along with Hamster, Johnnylager and a few others. Good ideas from that were three rooms, loud, quiet/seminar room and a jamming room with a kit & a couple of drummers who came along on the day