Why become a member? ×

X2 Wireless SOLD

Well the story is that my Dad and I wanted one each of these, and so did a friend of ours. So we did a group buy and then our friend backed out, so basically we have a brand new in box never used X2 wireless system just sitting around! It's the pedalboard version (although my dad just places his on top of his amp and it works fine).

It's currently on eBay (Item no. 150422878386) with a £130 BIN. Message me on eBay beforehand informing me that you're a BC'er and I'll include postage in the BIN price.

Cheers

Edited by Higgie

Hey there

Quite like the look of this.

What sort of price are these new? I haven't seen them for sale in the UK? Im assuming as they're digital, they're fine to use?

[quote name='Higgie' post='774390' date='Mar 14 2010, 03:56 PM']Well the story is that my Dad and I wanted one each of these, and so did a friend of ours. So we did a group buy and then our friend backed out, so basically we have a brand new in box never used X2 wireless system just sitting around! It's the pedalboard version (although my dad just places his on top of his amp and it works fine).

It's currently on eBay (Item no. 150422878386) with a £130 BIN. Message me on eBay beforehand informing me that you're a BC'er and I'll include postage in the BIN price.

Cheers[/quote]

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='775336' date='Mar 15 2010, 03:48 PM']Hey there

Quite like the look of this.

What sort of price are these new? I haven't seen them for sale in the UK? Im assuming as they're digital, they're fine to use?[/quote]

I haven't seen them for sale over here either, so I don't know how much they are new. It cost me £150 new from America so I've just knocked off the cost of shipping. Yes they are digital, and yeah they are brilliant. My Dad and I both use ours without any trouble what so ever, and you will also find many users of them on here and on TalkBass.

Cheers

[quote name='Higgie' post='775356' date='Mar 15 2010, 04:07 PM']I haven't seen them for sale over here either, so I don't know how much they are new. It cost me £150 new from America so I've just knocked off the cost of shipping. Yes they are digital, and yeah they are brilliant. My Dad and I both use ours without any trouble what so ever, and you will also find many users of them on here and on TalkBass.

Cheers[/quote]

Sorry for the delay buddy I PM'd you with the reply.

Andy

Actually I notice you have a Shuker (in your sig). That's where I've been today. I had John replace the horrible old, and very sharp nut on both my thumb basses, followed by a set up... First time I've visited him. What a lovely, helpful chap! Some nice looking basses in the making too! I might order one for my next bass, myself.

Edited by GremlinAndy

[quote name='Higgie' post='777144' date='Mar 17 2010, 11:24 AM']As far as I know they are? They're used by quite a few people on this forum, and neither my dad or me have had any trouble with frequency interference or anything![/quote]
no. they're not legal. they don't operate within the prescribed bandwidth allocated to free usage in the UK.

shame really. I'm glad you managed to sell this bit of highly dubious gear before "the man" got you buddy.

[quote name='crez5150' post='778099' date='Mar 17 2010, 10:56 PM']If they operate outside the de-reg frequencies you could always buy a license.... doesn't mean the units are illegal[/quote]

Not that simple though - the licensed freqs are different in each country too.

Although there has only been a handful of prosecutions (it is a criminal offence) the fines are potentially unlimited. You might get a smack on the wrist for arsing up the local taxi firm freqs and nothing more (if they can find you) - but if you gig at Heathrow or near enough to a 999 call centre and get in the way...

This is the first I've heard of them being illegal in the UK. If I'd have had any idea, my dad and I wouldn't have bought them for ourselves. We've not had any trouble whatsoever using them at all!

Hopefully this clears it up a bit

[quote name='monz']OK had a chat to radio Ham mate of mine and he says this frequency used to be reserved for the first gen of analogue mobile phones and it was freed up a few years ago for millitary telecoms and also LMS (location monitoring systems) that they use for security vans and the like.

He also said the only places you were likely to encounter problems were if you were playing on or very close to an active millitary base or in very close proximity to a base station for someone like securicor or group 4. He also said it is very much line of sight and it would be extremely unlikely for anything to interupt your signal.

And also you may have problems if anyone is using unlicenced radios in the "900" band but he will listen to the frequencies for us and see how busy it is, he did say these sets were pretty rare over here and also fairly low powered... usually less than 4W

His overall opinion is that you would be as safe as houses to use this frequency band as the sets will be very narrow bandwidth and quite accurate and a lot of the equipment that also uses this band has the ability to shift frequencies if it detects too much RFI.

I am happy to trust this guy as I know his abilities with TX/RX radios (he builds them) so its a go'er from me

Cheers mate
Glyn[/quote]

Now this references interference more than anything but I have 2 of these and have done loads of gigs in the past year with them and never had an issue.

It does fall down to who would ever know? If someone did know how do they know it's you. Bare in mind all the allowed frequencies that most wireless's work on are going to moved over for other things. These are unused frequencies for the vast majority of the time. As stated it's line of sight mainly and very unlikely for anyone to interrupt your signal that works both ways and it's very unlikely to interupt anyone elses signal.

Personally I bought the best wireless on the market (under 1k) and when I go to America I don't have to get another wireless just to use there.

Hope this helps

[quote name='fretmeister' post='778326' date='Mar 18 2010, 09:49 AM']Not that simple though - the licensed freqs are different in each country too.

Although there has only been a handful of prosecutions (it is a criminal offence) the fines are potentially unlimited. You might get a smack on the wrist for arsing up the local taxi firm freqs and nothing more (if they can find you) - but if you gig at Heathrow or near enough to a 999 call centre and get in the way...[/quote]

Yes but you can use those frequencies in the UK if you have the appropriate license.... how a lot of toursound/theatre companies and operate. Does anyone know what frequencies this thing runs on?

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='778540' date='Mar 18 2010, 01:27 PM']Hopefully this clears it up a bit

Now this references interference more than anything but I have 2 of these and have done loads of gigs in the past year with them and never had an issue.

[i][b]It does fall down to who would ever know? If someone did know how do they know it's you[/b]. [/i]Bare in mind all the allowed frequencies that most wireless's work on are going to moved over for other things. These are unused frequencies for the vast majority of the time. As stated it's line of sight mainly and very unlikely for anyone to interrupt your signal that works both ways and it's very unlikely to interupt anyone elses signal.

Personally I bought the best wireless on the market (under 1k) and when I go to America I don't have to get another wireless just to use there.

Hope this helps[/quote]

My clients have that idea too.

They think it works... right up until the time plod knocks on the door.

[quote name='crez5150' post='778567' date='Mar 18 2010, 01:41 PM']Does anyone know what frequencies this thing runs on?[/quote]
According to page 9 of [url="http://line6.com/data/l/0a060072109eb4810fbf0badb5/application/pdf/XDS95%20User%20Manual%20(Rev%20A)%20-%20English.pdf"]this[/url] manual they operate between 902 MHz to 928 MHz.

David

ah I see I set off a larger debate than I intended.
I was only joking about the offloading remark.
Big apologies to Higgie who via a PM was mortified, thinking I was being serious.

That'll teach me to be flippant. When will I learn, I'm just NOT funny.

:)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so that everyone is kept happy, and everything is officially legal...

*I* bought this and am going to send it over to a mate in the states who will make good use of it legally I'm sure.
:rolleyes:

Edited by GremlinAndy