Why become a member? ×

Woah! New Squier Classic Vibe Colour!

Alfie

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='771008' date='Mar 10 2010, 10:17 PM']You will not be called Susan. That is the same colour as Pino`s. The photo below is a Hank Marvin custom shop Fiesta red strat. Still a cracking looking bass, whatever colour it is.

[attachment=44580:57fiesta_1_.jpg]

Jez[/quote]
It definitely looks the same colour as the Pino which is supposedly fiesta red over desert sand.

[quote name='bass5' post='771085' date='Mar 10 2010, 11:20 PM']Right..... it's indeed a lovely bass and now that I have spent the last hour adjusting the action and the correct neck curve it plays like butter however, sadly playing it through the amp confirmed my suspicions, there is a lot of static when touching the strings on and off, this is meant to be an humbucker but it bucks f*** all hum! There seems to be hardly any earth or screening and I will have to have it done, for sure. This pickup sounds ok'ish but you need to warm it up with the amp eq controls otherwise it's brittle and thin, I didn't expect it to sound great, I hoped it would, but it doesn't and after my experience with the other two Classic Vibe, the Jazz and the 51 reissue, both needed new guts so I knew this one would have been no different.

On the plus side, considering that the rest of the instrument is well constructed and the neck is lovely, the neck pocket is the best out of the 3, sorting out the pots and wirings and fitting a new pickup is not going to cost me an eye and as I said in my previous posts I had planned for this even before I bought it.

all part of the fun.... :)

oh and on looks, having seen that Hank Marvin Salmon Pink beauty (hehehe) I have decided that a white p/guard is more at home than this cheap looking tort which looks like someone puked a whole kebab on it :rolleyes:[/quote]
Looks very nice though.

[quote name='bass5' post='771108' date='Mar 10 2010, 11:35 PM']Thanks mate, I am very pleased too, when I finished with it, it will be lovely.[/quote]

What else are you going to do to it? You might get to the stage where you would have been better off just getting the Fender classic series fiesta red precision.

[quote name='Alfie' post='771119' date='Mar 10 2010, 11:43 PM']What else are you going to do to it? You might get to the stage where you would have been better off just getting the Fender classic series fiesta red precision.[/quote]

A new humbucking Seymour Duncan pickup and new pots / caps and proper wirings. thats all. The whole thing will cost below £60 all included

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='771137' date='Mar 11 2010, 12:04 AM']Do you just mean this particular Precision pickup? Because split P pickups are normally hum-cancelling aren't they?[/quote]

That is what I originally thought, but he is right, I have just checked on the Squier website which says so too.

[quote name=' Squier Website']The Classic Vibe Precision Bass ’60s delivers the true Precision Bass experience. Huge tone roars from its traditional split-single-coil pickup.[/quote]

Edited by bass5

[quote name='bass5' post='771143' date='Mar 11 2010, 12:12 AM']That is what I originally thought, but he is right, I have just checked on the Squier website which says so too.[/quote]
[quote]( Squier Website)
The Classic Vibe Precision Bass ’60s delivers the true Precision Bass experience. Huge tone roars from its traditional split-single-coil pickup.[/quote]
But doesn't that mean 'single coil' because each string is only picked up by a single coil but there are two coils (i.e 'split') one for E-A and one for D-G which then hum-cancel each other.

Understood, I make you right, then. Cheers pal

In fact, when I've finished with these small modifications, i.e. the wiring and the pickups, I am prepared to let anyone who is interested, have a go at them, we can make it a soiree event somewhere in London, or better still, book an upstairs room in a pub, have a few civilized drinks and a laugh, I'll bring the basses and a combo. Anyone interested? Alternatively someone with a big house relatively close to London, I have no problem bringing the basses along within the M25.

Really like that new Precision... having gone from no 'P love here' to owning 2 (one very high quality - the other not so much) in a short space of time, I can see a third on the horizon in this. With a little modding and mojoing (oh controversial!) this could make one seriously hot bass!

The CV J is an outstanding feeling bass. Would own one of them too except I've got the whole rosewood boarded jazz thing sewn up with my Lakland.

[quote name='bh2' post='768971' date='Mar 9 2010, 10:30 AM']The new Squiers have some sort of 'HiMass' bridges these days... I don't know if you'll gain a lot more by fitting a badass. You won't be able to fit the bridge ashtrays if you do.

I've an MIM P and I'm perfectly happy with the vintage style bit of bent metal.

The Pino Squier looks great although I still prefer the sonic blue.[/quote]
most come fitted with ashtray

[quote name='bass5' post='771085' date='Mar 10 2010, 11:20 PM']oh and on looks, having seen that Hank Marvin Salmon Pink beauty (hehehe) I have decided that a white p/guard is more at home than this cheap looking tort which looks like someone puked a whole kebab on it :)[/quote]

I completely agree. Tort on red doesn't do anything for me. White or pearloid would look cooler.

[quote name='bass5' post='769084' date='Mar 9 2010, 12:13 PM']I am sad to inform you all that... presently that one is the only one in the country in that colour!!!, as they have not yet been introduced widely to all distributors, it just so happened that particular dealer received "the one" as a sampler in that colour. Yes of course, there'll be more of the same to come but not for a while, in the meantime, I've phoned him up and snapped that off him.

So now it's on its way to moi! :)

as you can see he removed it from ebay as we did a "phone deal" (better than the price advertised) saves him ebay mafia fees and me delivery charges. Everyone's a winner!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330411926087&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ME:B:SS:GB:1123[/url][/quote]

That seller seems to have another "the one" for sale.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280477925368&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ME:B:SS:GB:1123[/url]

[quote name='Alfie' post='774006' date='Mar 13 2010, 11:56 PM']That seller seems to have another "the one" for sale.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280477925368&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ME:B:SS:GB:1123[/url][/quote]

[b]Excellent! Take my advice and do as I did: phone him up, he'll give you a better deal than the ebay price [size=3][u](don't tell him I told you, be clever)[/u][/size] he will love to save himself paypal / ebay fees hence a phone deal is better for him too[/b]

Edited by bass5

[quote name='Alfie' post='777842' date='Mar 17 2010, 07:19 PM']Looks really good. Where did you find such a well fitting pickguard from?[/quote]

on eBay here: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170455342783&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT[/url]