Why become a member? ×

Boring help

jdt

[quote name='jdt' post='768497' date='Mar 8 2010, 08:48 PM']Getting use to playing ,slowly.now pedals, what do they
do, how do they need to be set up. sorry but i've no idea.[/quote]

If you want to explore another way in which to spend cash, I can recommend a Zoom multi-effect pedal to give you a good idea of what effects do. Some people turn their noses up at these, but for what they do I actually quite rate them - [url="http://www.dv247.com/guitars/zoom-b2-1u-bass-guitar-pedal-includes-power-supply--30692"]http://www.dv247.com/guitars/zoom-b2-1u-ba...r-supply--30692[/url]

Definittely get a really cheap multi andhave a good long muck about.

Some sounds may inspire you - some will leave you cold.

It is, IMO, a very good idea to get a book, or do some research on the interweb to discover what these fx are each doing so as to best understand what the parameters mean and how they change the sound. Otherwise you are just stabbing in the dark all the time.

Tat comes later though, if you really get into fx. For now stab in the dark as much as you like until you hit something you like.... :)

Def +1 on trying out a zoom multi fx. It'll give you a great cross section of different types of effect to see what you are likely to want to explore further. I also think they sound great and I've had them for something like 13-14 years now. The crucial effect I won't leave the house without is compression, it's dull but a great help and comes packaged in zooms etc along with more exciting stuff like auto wah and flanger etc.
Enjoy!

Edited by gafbass02