Why become a member? ×

Custom Rack Units?

Hi Folks

I'd really like to use the amp part of my Eden Metro combo with another speaker from time to time, i.e. as a stand alone amp, which would mean taking it out of the purpose built housing it's in and finding some kind of custom made case for it.

Trouble is, it's not a standard 19" rack size' it's almost 21" wide and 3" high so I can't put it into any standard off the shelf rack that I know of. So I wondered if anyone had encountered a problem like this before and if so, are there any solutions out there that you can buy or do you have to build your own case??

Thanks in advance for the help,

Nik

I'm just in the process of psyching myself up to knock up a case for a bloody heavy 1u power amp I've recently acquired, using off cuts leftover from my BFM O10 build. Whilst the amp is only 1U high, its over 45cm in depth and wont fit in a standard case. if you wanted to go down that route, [url="http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/rackcase.html"]this site[/url] is a good resource.