Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

bass-collection 5-string

jon H

Hi I've got a bass collection 5 string in sliver in very good used condition, just a few chips in the paint work. But what sort of price should I be asking for it? its got a nice hard case aswell. This is the only pic I've got of it in my photobucket....

(the one on the right obviously)

Not sure what series it is right now as I've lent it to my Dad's band's bass player for a 'Queens of the Stone Age' cover they're trying out. But will text him now to find out lol. but it is active!

£1? you cheap skate! hope its worth a fair bit more than that :rolleyes: :)

Edited by jon H

It looks to me to be the twin brother of BassBunny's 405.

I guess you didn't find the 'Obscure Musical Backwaters' thread, which has photos and other interesting details.

I wish the mods would re-sticky the thread, but obviously they've stopped listening to my pleas (despite it being the most informative Bass Collection resource on the entire Internet, and something that continues to attract visitors to Basschat). But I'm not bitter.

Value's a tough one. Everything is on the floor at the moment, but I'd hope it would be worth £250 on a good day.

£250 makes me very sad! I dont remember exactly what I paid for it, but it was in the region of £300-400 six years ago! was hoping that it would keep its value as they're not made anymore and are very good bass's. And I found out my mesa 400+ is more poorly than I thought today! not good :)

Edited by jon H

[quote name='jon H' post='765673' date='Mar 5 2010, 10:13 PM']£250 makes me very sad! I dont remember exactly what I paid for it, but it was in the region of £300-400 six years ago! was hoping that it would keep its value as they're not made anymore and are very good bass's. And I found out my mesa 400+ is more poorly than I thought today! not good :)[/quote]
Not many basses keep there value...why would they?