Why become a member? ×

MarkBass Little Mark Rocker

Clarky

I am looking to buy a small amp head and am thinking hard about the Orange Bass Terror. However, I am aware that the Bass Terror is not exactly the smallest available (ideally it would be something I could slip in the large pocket of a gig bag pocket or at least a small shoulder bag) and, having liked the tone I used to get out of a Markbass R500 (their 'rock amp' with valve pre-amp), I wondered about the new Little Mark Rocker. It appears to be basically a downscaled version of the R500 but with LM bells and whistles (notably the VLE control).

I know they are not due in the UK until end-March but has anyone heard one or seen a demo of one?

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='762730' date='Mar 3 2010, 11:01 AM']I am looking to buy a small amp head and am thinking hard about the Orange Bass Terror. However, I am aware that its not exactly the smallest available and, having liked the tone I used to get out of a Markbass R500 (their 'rock amp' with valve pre-amp), I wondered about the new Little Mark Rocker. It appears to be basically a downscaled version of the R500 but with LM bells and whistles (notably the VLE control).

I know they are not due in the UK until end-March but has anyone heard one or seen a demo of one?[/quote]

Although I dont have GAS for one of these (surprisingly!) I would also be interested to hear what these sound like.

I wonder how MB have worked the overdrive?!

If im honest Clarky, I have a sneaking suspicion the balls out rock tone of the Bass Terror might be a great option for you. I tested one out and it definitely breaks up nicely and weighs bugger all. Its simple yet effective and has some tubes, (I think!).

• 6 months later...