Why become a member? ×

Hello from near Hull

Stu1964

Hi all, I'm Stu from Hessle near Hull and I've been snooping around for a few weeks on here and thought it was about time I introduced myself. I have recently returned to playing with a vengeance after a break of a few years whilst the kids were little.

I own a 98 MIA Precision which I love, and have recently acquired a Vintage 940B active to leave on the stand to grab whenever I fancy(wouldn't be a catastrophe if the kids knocked it over). Its actually a better bass than I thought it would be once I set it up how I like it with DR Fatbeams on, they nearly found their way onto the Fender, I'll have to get some more now :) .

Anyway i'd just like to add what a fantastic site and brilliant resource of info here. I really enjoy some of the "clips" threads, love the Funk and Groove one some great stuff on there :rolleyes:

All the best!

Stu

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' post='762305' date='Mar 2 2010, 09:49 PM']Hi Stu

I also live in Hessle -in fact I play at the Weir most months in the band SoulPatrol- www.soulpatrol.org.uk- might see you in there-we are there on Thurs- if so pop over and say hi- Casapete might be there-you never know!

Bob[/quote]

Hi Bob,

I would have definately come but i'm on nights on thursday :) I'd heard good things from a mate who'd seen you a few months back and have been meaning to come down. Hopefully I'll get to the next one.

Stu

[quote name='Stu1964' post='762322' date='Mar 2 2010, 10:07 PM']Hi Bob,

I would have definately come but i'm on nights on thursday :) I'd heard good things from a mate who'd seen you a few months back and have been meaning to come down. Hopefully I'll get to the next one.

Stu[/quote]

bloody hell - someone likes us!

hope to see you there stu but the tapas in wednesday market beverley is a great night! Last friday of the month-beverley is a better one to see

cheers

Bob