Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray (1988 ish)**Price Drop Again**

jamiesonk666

Hi,
I'm selling one of my babies. Its a Musicman Stingray Teal Green,Maple neck, S/n 26038, 2eq(3knob).Been in my possesion for 11 years,Kept cased,Gigged and recorded. A few dings here and there (it is 20 odd years old), Some paint anomolies.

Including Flight case
i'm looking [size=6]£900[/size] We could discuss collection or delivery.
Will be sorry to see it go. I'm only selling it to buy a new rig ( telly's paid off) :)
Any evalutaion of the bass is more than welcome.

Edited by jamiesonk666

Late eighties sernie ball stingray's are regarded by many as THE best stingrays ever made, including the pre ernie ball models. Sterling price for what im sure is a superb bass.

I've got the "brother" of the one advertised here: 1989, similar serial N., trans red ash, bridge with mutes, beautiful birdseye maple neck and board, cracking bass.

I believe this price is in line with the quality of the instrument, I have seen them going for similar amounts before.

Good luck with the sale

[quote name='Kev' post='760331' date='Mar 1 2010, 12:10 AM']Late eighties sernie ball stingray's are regarded by many as THE best stingrays ever made[/quote]
Naaah, just me. :)

Nice looking bass, good luck with the sale. :rolleyes:

[quote name='jamiesonk666' post='761239' date='Mar 1 2010, 09:35 PM']Thanks for all your kind words. I wasnt sure if it was the right price. I'm a noob to forums, just working my way around it.[/quote]

was this the one that was on ebay? welcome to the forum btw
nice bass bit out my range but someone will bite no doubt

I'll be honest with you I dont know. If you were local you would be more than welcome to come and have a look. I'm in staffordshire. I would say the neck is much more managable than my p bass. Unfortanatley I'm not really up on profiles etc. It just feels nice.

• 3 weeks later...