Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot SMX

Bankai

[quote name='Bankai' post='756245' date='Feb 24 2010, 04:53 PM']Another amp I've been looking at buying instead of the Hartke one.

All good, no damage (superficial or internal).

How much would you say it's worth?[/quote]
That rig looks to be a 2x10 combo which has been split into head + cab. The 1x15 cab looks a little odd too but I can't quite put my finger on it... it just seems to be an "in between" of their small and large 1x15 cabs. Someone else may recognise it better than me tho :)

[quote name='Merton' post='756991' date='Feb 25 2010, 12:49 PM']Got it! That 1x15 ain't a Trace cab, it has at least 3 circular ports. Trace only ever did slot ports or 2 circular ports.

Be wary of that cab methinks...[/quote]
I'll make some enquiries...

Are you quite sure about that? I.e. It's definately not a trace cab.

If not, what could it be? It has similiar styling so must be a custom thing somebody has knocked up.

Thanks.

Neither of the cabs look genuine Trace cabs. The handles are wrong, the porting is wrong on the 1x15 & the 2x10 has been 'pimped' with red stripes...Allthough it does look like a trace 2x10, the handles have been added along with the stripes, deffo not a 1153 cab or a 1518.

Edited by Bassman68

[quote]FOR SALE MY TRACE ELLIOT TOP WITH 2X10 AND 1X15 CABS.

BOUGHT THIS ABOUT FIVE YEARS AGO FOR THE LARGER VENUES, BUT ENDED UP NOT DOING TOO MANY. THE AMP IS VALVE AND TRANSISTOR, WITH HIGH AND LOW BAND COMPRESSION AND 12 BAND GRAPHIC - I THINK THAT IT'S AROUND 300 WATTS . THE CONDITION IS SUPERB - HARDLY ANY MARKS , AND THE SOUND , WELL WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THE OLDER TRACE KIT ............EXTREMELY VERSATILE, AND VERY LOUD.[/quote]
I spoke to him on the phone and I was under the impression it was all trace elliot. Evidently not :)

Edited by Bankai

[quote name='Bassman68' post='757145' date='Feb 25 2010, 03:05 PM']Neither of the cabs look genuine Trace cabs. The handles are wrong, the porting is wrong on the 1x15 & the 2x10 has been 'pimped' with red stripes...Allthough it does look like a trace 2x10, the handles have been added along with the stripes, deffo not a 1153 cab or a 1518.[/quote]

I'm 95% sure the head and 2x10 are directly from a combo just split, the porting and red stripe is right for the 2x10 combo. Just that 1x15 which confuses me. Certainly steer clear looking at the price it's got to!