Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn

Broken Hero

Hey guys,

[i]Reluctantly[/i], I'm having to put this up for sale to recover funds from my new purchase :) but this is a gorgeous bass and if you're looking for something [b]Jazz-like with a lot of versatility[/b] then this is it. Really smooth vintage tones can be swapped for punchy modern slap at the twiddle of a knob.

So, it's a [b]Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn Series 4[/b] string bass. It's in a lovely "translucent" sunburst (rosewood fretboard) as can be seen in the pictures and is in excellent condition. I have used this bass with care and it has [b][u]no[/u] battle-scars[/b]. It's always been kept in a [b]hard case which I'll include[/b] (pictured).

First dibs go to anyone on Basschat but I'm afraid I'll have to eBay it if I get no takers. Just purchased something from someone on this site and it'd be nice to give something back to the community ;)

I'm looking for £700 but might consider offers... Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers,

Si

-------
[attachment=43396:Lakland___1.jpg][attachment=43397:Lakland___2.jpg][attachment=43398:Lakland___3.jp
g][attachment=43399:Lakland___4.jpg][attachment=43400:Lakland___5.jpg][attachment=43401:Lakland___6.
j
pg][attachment=43402:Lakland___7.jpg][attachment=43403:Lakland___8.jpg]

Edited by Broken Hero

[quote name='Broken Hero' post='760073' date='Feb 28 2010, 07:38 PM']Afraid that I'm not interested in trades at the moment as this sale is a fund-recovery operation for a recent new purchase that I've already made.

Sorry Rasta,

Si[/quote]
Hi

How about £475 and a brand new boxed EBS Microbass 11 PreAmp, collection on Friday late afternoon/evening?

johnbiffa

Looks like a lovely bass!
In some of the pictures, the strings look quite far over to the treble side of the neck, off centre as it were.
Is it just funny angles? Or a high action?, but looks off centre with the dots too!?

Si

[quote name='johnbiffa' post='761344' date='Mar 1 2010, 11:15 PM']Hi

How about £475 and a brand new boxed EBS Microbass 11 PreAmp, collection on Friday late afternoon/evening?

johnbiffa[/quote]

Interesting... PM'd.

[quote name='Sibob' post='761362' date='Mar 1 2010, 11:36 PM']Looks like a lovely bass!
In some of the pictures, the strings look quite far over to the treble side of the neck, off centre as it were.
Is it just funny angles? Or a high action?, but looks off centre with the dots too!?

Si[/quote]

Hey Si,

Now you've mentioned it the pictures do look a little odd but there's no problem in playing it, plays lovely on that neck - all the way up, all the way down.

Si