Why become a member? ×

Eden Nemesis owners

Merton

This is primarily aimed at those of you who own/have previously owned an Eden Nemesis head (pref the blue NA320 or NA650 models) - does yours make your speakers thump when switching on and off? Mine does, worryingly loud at that, and I want to know if it needs a quick bit of TLC/attention?

[quote name='Merton' post='753750' date='Feb 22 2010, 01:07 PM']This is primarily aimed at those of you who own/have previously owned an Eden Nemesis head (pref the blue NA320 or NA650 models) - does yours make your speakers thump when switching on and off? Mine does, worryingly loud at that, and I want to know if it needs a quick bit of TLC/attention?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure my NC810 did this. It felt like i was being punched in the chest every time i turned it on.

[quote name='Merton' post='753750' date='Feb 22 2010, 01:07 PM']This is primarily aimed at those of you who own/have previously owned an Eden Nemesis head (pref the blue NA320 or NA650 models) - does yours make your speakers thump when switching on and off? Mine does, worryingly loud at that, and I want to know if it needs a quick bit of TLC/attention?[/quote]

I owned a Nemesis RS700 and it also did that.
After some research on the Eden forum, I found out that they all do it!

[quote name='Mr.T' post='754756' date='Feb 23 2010, 10:08 AM']I owned a Nemesis RS700 and it also did that.
After some research on the Eden forum, I found out that they all do it![/quote]

Now you mention it, I vaguely remember reading this being a "feature" of sorts. Its more like a breathe than a pop IIRC and the point was that it [i]didnt[/i] damage your speakers... Can't really think why that would be logical though! :)

My NA350 made a huge fart, buzz and prolonged whistle.....then died. Only had it a couple of months bought used here, never gigged.
Took it to a renowned local amp tech, who said that the internals were a "bit weird" and quoted something ridiculous to replace parts, but couldn't guarantee it would resolve the problem.
Apparently the internals are all Chinese bits....I gave up the will to listen to any more (much like you probably are at this point of my reply) and binned it in a hissy fit.

It was a shame as I loved the sound, very "Eden" warmth, but at a fraction of the price.....there's the rub me'thinks.
The Eden forum had a couple of threads on these, with "noise problems".

Great sounding amp...possibly went under the radar of QC at the factory?