Why become a member? ×

Spector Rex Brown 5 with mods *sold*

NickSpector

I don't really want to sell this, as it's a great bass, but sadly my TVR has decided to spit the dummy out (it is 21 years old!). So, a new head gasket or engine is calling, so this has got to go!

Firstly, the specs:

• Neck: 3pc Maple, Graphite Rod Reinforced, Neck-Thru-Body
• Body Wings: maple, with full face figured maple top
• Fingerboard: 24 Fret, Rosewood, dot markers
• Scale Length: 35"

Now, this bass no longer has the original EMG HZ pickups in it, nor the EMG pre. What it has is an EMG 40P5 neck pickup, and an EMG 40DC bridge pickup. These are wired straight into the output jack. The tone is very punchy and clear, with anything from a nasally midrange bark from the bridge pickup, to a ballsy grunt from he neck pickup (effectively an active P split coil in a humbucker housing). This bass also has some fake inlays on it, a kind of sticker that looks VERY much like pearl inlay (they fooled me when I saw it!).

Now for some pics!

Looking for around £450 but open to offers. PM me for details.

Thanks,

Nick

Edited by NickSpector

[quote name='NickSpector' post='753408' date='Feb 21 2010, 11:54 PM']Hey, I'm based in York. I can ship the bass too, or travel to meet you halfway if preffered.[/quote]

You have a pm!

[quote name='czechspec5' post='755631' date='Feb 23 2010, 11:00 PM']ohhh man, WAAAY more rock and roll than a T-Bird.

That bass is M-E-T-A-L.

Oooh, my skin is starting to itch.[/quote]

Heh, I've never used it for metal. Only pop and rock. Infact I've only played it at one gig lol